Need help with computer before I stick an axe thru it

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Got a secondhand pc with windows 10 on it.
I can't do updates, it won't install them.
I have been online and done everything on the stupid Microsoft help pages and it doesn't help.

This is one of the messages I have and I have done an update for it and took 2 days to get it to go thru. It still comes up with the same stupid message.

"Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements."

Any ideas how I fix this before I stick a fuplie axe thru it?

Please put responses in simple terms because I am not computer literate and really hate these fuplie things.

Not an expert here, but at some point Microsoft stops supporting old products. Browsers, Microsoft Office, etc. They all meet an end of life where Microsoft cuts off support. Even Apple. So you probably can't do any further updates, and have to stick with the version you have, or you have to update your version of Windows to move forward.

I see. Are you installing from a physical device like a disk or are you downloading it?

Windows 11 is now the latest version of windows. I believe some older computers won't run windows 11 due to hardware limitations.

Don't take an ax to your computer when a hammer will do
computer.gif

Windows 11 is now the latest version of windows. I believe some older computers won't run windows 11 due to hardware limitations.
Apparently there is a version of windows10 that was made last November.

Is windows11 free to download and do I need an activation key because I don't have one?

If , and that's a big IF your computer has the hardware to support it, the windows 11 software is free to install.

I don't want windows 11 and don't have the data to download it. I have already wasted 11 gig of data trying to get this thing to work and it doesn't work

You are exactly correct....like my HP Pavilion 23

Attachments

• Windows.png
    Windows.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 41

Most reactions

Back