Need Help, Think I Put Originally In The Wrong Place...

I personally feel that Saliferts might be justified if their cost is a little higher and I would pay it personally, but if API or Nutrafin is lower I still think they would be "good enough." If you come across both types of kits and can give us a real-life cost comparison I'm sure members would be interested. Be sure in all cases you are getting freshwater master kits and not saltwater ones.

I don't believe we are steering you in a wasteful direction money-wise. The API kits are good for something like 160 tests or so and last 3 or 4 years depending on which individual test. We all feel paper strip tests are worse than useless, they are misleading. The basic liquid-reagent tests of ammonia, nitrite(NO2), pH and nitrate(NO3) are just extremely powerful and helpfull not only for getting your water chemistry worked out but for your learning experience as a hobbyist. The whole biofilter topic is very core to the hobby.

~~waterdrop~~

Well API was recommended to me on this forum... (Check the beginning of this thread.)

The API Fresh Water Master Test Kit a really goo liquid test kit, especially for the price!

There is over 800 test all together with the test, so you will be set for a really long time.

As for the other test kit that was mention above, that one is more likely more accurate, but you are going to find out it is more accurate with how much you pay for it!

Personally, I have never had an issue with my API test kit, but I have never tested it against other test kits either. All I know is that API test kits are really good, a lot of people on here use them and I rarely see anyone complain about them. They are also really easy to use!

So, if you feel that you have been given mis-leading info about which test kit to use, and if you feel that the API test kit is inaccurate, I will personally mail you a check for the price you paid for it!

Like WD stated above, I highly disagree that the API test kit varied as much as Truck said it did against the other test kit. I mean, conditions in which to test these two kits have to be perfect to get accurate results! And doing these test in school is no where near accurate, unless it is at a University or something where the lab equipment is up to date and currently being used in the field as we speak.

It's like a car company saying that their new car gets 40 MPG, when in reality when you drive it, it only gets like 35 MPG. Their cars have been test under the most optimal and ideal conditions!

You will be very happy with the API test kit, so much so that, I guarantee you will most likely buy a new one when your first one runs out.

-FHM

Well API was recommended to me on this forum... (Check the beginning of this thread.)

The API Fresh Water Master Test Kit a really goo liquid test kit, especially for the price!

There is over 800 test all together with the test, so you will be set for a really long time.

As for the other test kit that was mention above, that one is more likely more accurate, but you are going to find out it is more accurate with how much you pay for it!

Personally, I have never had an issue with my API test kit, but I have never tested it against other test kits either. All I know is that API test kits are really good, a lot of people on here use them and I rarely see anyone complain about them. They are also really easy to use!

So, if you feel that you have been given mis-leading info about which test kit to use, and if you feel that the API test kit is inaccurate, I will personally mail you a check for the price you paid for it!

Like WD stated above, I highly disagree that the API test kit varied as much as Truck said it did against the other test kit. I mean, conditions in which to test these two kits have to be perfect to get accurate results! And doing these test in school is no where near accurate, unless it is at a University or something where the lab equipment is up to date and currently being used in the field as we speak.

It's like a car company saying that their new car gets 40 MPG, when in reality when you drive it, it only gets like 35 MPG. Their cars have been test under the most optimal and ideal conditions!

You will be very happy with the API test kit, so much so that, I guarantee you will most likely buy a new one when your first one runs out.

-FHM
Thanks FHM, I bought the API test kit today and that what I will stick with.

Most reactions

Back