Need Fish Id (pics)

Creature Seeker

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping someone could identify these fish for me. My brother bought them a few years ago for my dad's office tank and I have been trying to find out what they are but had no luck.

There are two of theM. One is rather large, about 15cm and the other is about 10cm. They looks a bit 'carp-like' and have whiskers.
cavedragon-DSC00220.jpg

Any help would be lovely :nod:

Cheers,

It look sto me like Barbodes schwanenfeldii, or Yellow tinfoil barb!!

Do your fish change colour at all? If not I'd say helterskelter may be right but if there is colour change in the dorsal fin etc the schwanenfeldi seems likely

It's defo not Barbodes schwanenfeldii body is not right and scales are wrong, schwanenfeldii is more mirror'ish like.

Thanks for all your replies.

Yes I was about to add I don't think it is a Barbodes Schwanenfeldii as the scales arn't the same as the tin foil barbs.

It does have similarities to the Lemon Barb, but it's hard to tell as the picture shown is fully grown adult, but I've just found a similar page with a juvenile on and they do look very similar.

HYPSIBARBUS WETMOREI
http://www.jjphoto.dk/fish_archive/aquariu...us_wetmorei.htm

Still the scales don't look exactly the same and I hope it isn't one of them as they can get rather large.

Most reactions

Back