Nano Reef Diary... Updated 18/06/06

Latest pic, moved it around quite alot recently, still waiting for green star polyps to re-emerge that are behind the xenia on the right hand side.

Attachments

• octlatest.jpg
    octlatest.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 62
looks awsome. I just started getting into SW and i love it way more then FW. It is more expensive but more rewarding in the end! Im blown away by the "things" that come out of the live rock. I was going to post mine but it's to embarrasing to show, compared to yours! :fun:

Man, those corals are lookin fabulous! :drool: Any more LR to go in? Or is that it for your aquascape?

Toying with the idea but not quite sure tbh. I could build it up lots and probably fit more corals in, just not yet.
Thanks for the comments :)

Ben

That is a lovely little nano reef bunjiweb. I like the design. Saltwater setups are so common in South FL, but it's rare to see a small one as pretty as yours. Usually, they look rather haphazard. Makes me consider trying Saltwater, but I like gardening too much. :rolleyes:

You can do "coral gardening".... nurturing, fragging, controlling the spread of xenia.... It's much similar to gardening in a way..

Ben

You can do "coral gardening".... nurturing, fragging, controlling the spread of xenia.... It's much similar to gardening in a way..

Ben

Oh I imagine that it is, since so many members at planted tanks seem to want to jump into keeping nano reefs. I'm just not there yet, having too much fun with freshwater gardening. Besides, the temptation to get a really huge tank and slap some snapper in there to eat later would be too much. :p

Stuff opening out fully and all going really well, added what will probably be one of my last corals, small colony of zoanthus button polpys and green star polyps...

tankshotnov.jpg

tankshotclose.jpg

newpolypcolony.jpg

And some interesting sponge that has been doing very well, you can see it here feeding (the transparent tube).

sponge.jpg

Ben

Great job Bunjiweb..as I recall, your tank is up now for about 3 months. I think it's time to post a nano tank thread. SH

oooo looks stunning, kind of wish i went for less live rock now, it's hard placing the corals sometimes.

hopefully mine will start looking like that soon.

Yet another update.... few additions, The yellow clown goby died so i have replaced him with a couple of neon-striped gobies. One gold, one blue.

The Blue...
blueneongoby.jpg

The Gold...
goldneongoby.jpg

Blue Moved just as i took this one...
goldandblue.jpg

My Clown has decided he wants to host the large watermelon-stripe mushroom (pic with flash)...
clownhosts-flash.jpg

Latest picture of Pussey Coral...
pussylatest.jpg

Tiny Leather toadstool frag I am going to grow a bit then take back to work...
leather.jpg

Yellow Feather Duster...
yellowfeather.jpg

And Finally a shot of the tank today...
tankshotnov13.jpg

Ben :)

Most reactions

Back