Name 5 Fish

A fish’s main desire in life is to eat, live, and reproduce. Is this truly a good indication of “thriving”? I am just curious, not pointing fingers or being passive aggressive Rocky.

Well, what are they.
I will only say of one which no one could figure out by looking them up... Rasbora espei... One of the moderators whom I spoke to in PMs has the same water as me and he has kept these guys for years at full lifespans in that water.

The other fish actually comes from conditions that vary... From soft to hard and from acidic to alkaline... Their a very hardy specimen

A fish’s main desire in life is to eat, live, and reproduce. Is this truly a good indication of “thriving”? I am just curious, not pointing fingers or being passive aggressive Rocky.
That is true and I see the point you make. But do you think if a fish was really stressed about the water conditions he would breed? I've heard that a lot of times the fish actually have to like the tank and the parameters to be in breeding condition... This is what I have heard from multiple places including here... But I don't save websites cause I'm lazy 😅

Well, my information is coming from good old Google, I’ve only kept a Betta and Guppies…

But none of the sites are saying they are ok in 8.2 Ph. Most are offering 6.0-7.8 and suggest 7.0 is optimum. The reading also suggested they are better in groups of 5 or more..?

@itiwhetu or other more experienced fish-keepers, how do you rate this Google information..?

I will only say of one which no one could figure out by looking them up... Rasbora espei... One of the moderators whom I spoke to in PMs has the same water as me and he has kept these guys for years at full lifespans in that water.

The other fish actually comes from conditions that vary... From soft to hard and from acidic to alkaline... Their a very hardy specimen
Interesting because I have just looked this guy up on your beloved "Seriously Fish" It say pH 5.5-7.5

Well, my information is coming from good old Google, I’ve only kept a Betta and Guppies…

But none of the sites are saying they are ok in 8.2 Ph. Most are offering 6.0-7.8 and suggest 7.0 is optimum. The reading also suggested they are better in groups of 5 or more..?

@itiwhetu or other more experienced fish-keepers, how do you rate this Google information..?
What website is it from?

So, what is this ‘other’ fish..?

Interesting because I have just looked this guy up on your beloved "Seriously Fish" It say pH 5.5-7.5
I do like seriously fish but its not my "beloved" site... I just trust them... And again, PH doesn't matter to most fish keepers on here... Its always the GH to be worried about. The only time to worry about PH is if its wayyy off like at a 9 or something OR if its fluctuating

I find that all the google sites are way too broad a range for pH. The idea a fish can live in conditions from pH 5.5-7.5 is just too large a range for my liking. (See above)

I do like seriously fish but its not my "beloved" site... I just trust them... And again, PH doesn't matter to most fish keepers on here... Its always the GH to be worried about. The only time to worry about PH is if its wayyy off like at a 9 or something OR if its fluctuating
Really!! So you are suggesting Freshwater fish will be fine in water up to a pH of nine.

So, what is this ‘other’ fish..?
Reason I didn't say is because you can actually do the research and find it lol... Rasbora espei says on most all sites: "PH: 6.5-7.5" or something around that range. The other fish's profile actually says that the PH can be 8 and the water soft

I find that all the google sites are way too broad a range for pH. The idea a fish can live in conditions from pH 5.5-7.5 is just too large a range for my liking. (See above)
What fish do you keep now at this very moment?

What fish do you keep now at this very moment?
I have Black Phantom Tetras, White cloud mountain minnows and Royal whiptail catfish. And a hundred or so goldfish, but they don't count cos they look after themselves.

I have Black Phantom Tetras, White cloud mountain minnows and Royal whiptail catfish. And a hundred or so goldfish, but they don't count cos they look after themselves.
Do you use rain water or tap?

Most reactions

Back