My Tnk Has Come :)

it is because of the semi hard pipe work, it is made up of plastic ribs, and on each end it has some rubber boots glued on. these boots slid over the filter output, which are then clamped in place with some jubley :)crazy:) clips . this is all well and good when that is the only linkages you need, but when you then need to cut the pipe to hook it up to somthing, the pipe work is to hard and will not mold around the fittings, thus alowing water to shoot every were :(. just placed an order for some new tube though so it should all be good soon :D

many thanks Rob :good:

well i should have my new pipe work when i go into work tomorrow, so i can get back on track hooking everything up. lets just hope it al turns up its a new mail order place :(, well new to me :D . wish me luck

rob :good:

well i have just bought my new six sage 75 gal a day ro unit with a di pod from osmotics, all i can say is if you needan ro and like in the uk get one of this guy, very very helpful

rob

well i have just bought my new six sage 75 gal a day ro unit with a di pod from osmotics, all i can say is if you needan ro and like in the uk get one of this guy, very very helpful

rob

I discovered them after I bought my thiefbay 'figure it out yourself' kit.

Doh!

Just hope your not on a water meter yet!

well the time has come and we now have ro water in the tank :D, i am very happy with the flow rate of the ro unit as is made just over 75 gal a day. filled nthe tank in just under two days :good: . i have now got my crrushed coral in there and my 25kgs of ocean rock, there is some very cool bits. also i have started adding my salt , and just need to go and get a hydrometer . well i wil get some pics for you all to look at very soon :good:

ps i have just moved in to my house and have no internet thats why i have not been on line :( its so hard

many thanks rob :good:

Rob, you'd be better served with a Refractometer.

well the time has come and we now have ro water in the tank :D, i am very happy with the flow rate of the ro unit as is made just over 75 gal a day. filled nthe tank in just under two days :good: . i have now got my crrushed coral in there and my 25kgs of ocean rock, there is some very cool bits. also i have started adding my salt , and just need to go and get a hydrometer . well i wil get some pics for you all to look at very soon :good:

ps i have just moved in to my house and have no internet thats why i have not been on line :( its so hard

many thanks rob :good:

well the day has come, i got my live rock today :). it is so very very nice, loads of purple algy, and zoos a few blue mushes, fan worms. one crab (at the mo) two bristle star. loads of little things that are moving about on the rock. and one clam type thing. looks more like an oyster, than a clam but very cool . any way going to get loads of pic tonight and will get them all posted up in the morn for you :D this is soooo much fun.

also i am running the PH04 remover already to try to cut down the algy bloom. well that is the plan, i have also bought some red grape and one other red alg which name escapes me at the mo ment :(

Rob, you'd be better served with a Refractometer

yep you are so right, my local shop had sold out of trefractometers. so the had to sell me the swing arm type. but it is a very nice glass unit and looks very well made, they also made sure that it was right , by compairing it to there refractometer . :good:

well many thanks for every ones help thus far but i think it is going to get much harder from now on out :crazy:

Try these on for size......

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/temperature-comp...eter-p-186.html

Rob, you'd be better served with a Refractometer

yep you are so right, my local shop had sold out of trefractometers. so the had to sell me the swing arm type. but it is a very nice glass unit and looks very well made, they also made sure that it was right , by compairing it to there refractometer . :good:

well many thanks for every ones help thus far but i think it is going to get much harder from now on out :crazy:

Rob the problem with swing arm hydrometers is they tend to drift over time so as long as you periodicaly check it is still calibrated correctly you wont have a problem. Many don't let you re-calibrate when they do drift though.

Above post by JaminRat the other half left herself signed in :blush:

one fast tank shot will get loads more up soon , when i am not at work :hyper:

DSC02379.jpg

many thanks rob

do you do refractometers mate ? as i would like one instead of the one i have at the mo :(

I agree, great first setup, very very well done. Cant wait to see how this turns out :D

:blush: wow :blush:

many thanks lads :good:

its great to hear good things from people with great tanks :good:

will be getting loads of pics up soon, got them all on my cam just need to upload them : (

Most reactions

Back