My Tank - The Latest

I have used black bin liner in the past, unless the tank is a monster you should be able to give yourself enough room to attach one.

Failing that, paint it.

hey alex tank looking good mate glad my media worked for you. im using an yeast co2 system but im looking to change to a canister co2 system.
good.gif

you have some elodea in there... its a coldwater plant... dont know what difference that makes but it is a coldwater

I grow elodea fine. Just doesn't take well to dosing excel.

Lot's of people have it :good:

Candy Stripe Pleco's are awesome fish. Would love a small group one day.

Tank is looking good mate. With regards to the background i would do a 50% water change and drag it out before you refill it. I currently have a tank with a black bag on the background, but i prefer to paint it. I use black emulsion as it can easily be removed should you wish to at a later date. Some people use gloss but that's a little too permanant for my liking.

Keep up the good work Alex.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I'm going to keep an eye on all my levels regularly to ensure everything is going ok. I've just ordered a few shrimp and Malaysian snails to help with the odd bits of left over food as I've noticed the odd crumb always gets left behind. As a side note on that, I know we are meant to feed our fish as much as they can consume in a few minutes- how do I be sure they are all getting some?! The gouramis arent a concern or the corys as they're nuts, but the plec is shy so I want to ensure he always gets a bit.

Minnnt you mention keeping a group of these plecs, would he mind if I ever added another bottom dweller?

Apart from that I want to eventually add a few more fish for the higher areas of the tank, anyone got any suggestions? This is of course if it wouldn't overstock my tank.

This fish keeping is nuts with how much you want to buy stuff, I can see myself gettin a bigger tank already but I'll definitely leave it a year and see how I get on to control any impulse buys!! I think! One thing I definitely will do is wait till the tank is fully mature and the levels have been good for a while and get an external filter - any suggestions? Money isn't the issue as long as it will do a good job, I'd have to wait a bit though as the idea of putting a diff filter on now and undoing my fishless cycle work would scare me!

A year... Lmao! Good luck with that. ;)

Ever or never added another bottom dweller? Xingumike would be the best person to ask mate.

Tetratec ex1200 for the filter. :D add the media from your current filter to the new external and you won't do any harm. :good:

How big is the ex1200 - as in actual dimensions? Just want to. Ensure it would actually fit in my cabinet. So if
I added all the existing media it genuinely won't affect anything??

Massive mate, lol. What tank/cabinet do you have?

Yes moving the media across will be fine.

I have the cabinet that came with my Roma 125 - so the dimensions will be exactly as the tank which I believe are 80 x 40 or along those lines...

:( The 1200 won't fit inside that cabinet. I know as i have already tried it. 2 ex700's would though. ;)

That's a shame. Would 2 of them not be overkill? I know there's no such thing when it comes to filters usually, but looking at the stats even one EX700 would provide large enough over compensation on the filter front... Unless I could run the 2 filters with the same piping or would it mean 2 pipes for inlets and 2 for outputs?

very very nice!
didnt read the whole thread so excuse me if its already been suggested... black background.. would really bring out the colours in everything in the tank. :)

Most reactions

Back