My Own Worst Electrician......

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
A little devil on my right shoulder whispers in my ear that something is not right here…. But Hey!!!..... It’s been like this for a year already and everything is working perfectly!!

Do you do your own electrical connections, or do you have a professional come out to help??

This is the main feed to the fishroom (which comes from the laundry where the washing machine and tumble drier is connected up)
Elecvtrics002.jpg

From there, (above supply) two stands (with 17 tanks) are served and then also this extension and also the one in the next photo which is outside……
Elecvtrics003.jpg

This one (extension from the mains) often gets wet when we have some heavy rains)…. I now have 2 bricks on standby to elevate it on rainy days and it helps.
Elecvtrics005.jpg

The above connections feeds 3 ponds with heavy filtration and one of the ponds (2,000 l) has 3 heaters in totalling 800w….. It has another extension as shown below…
Elecvtrics006.jpg

AND ALL OF THIS FEEDS FROM THE LAUNDRY TO THIS CONNECTION

Elecvtrics002.jpg

I'm terrible. I have an extension plu thingy running across one side of the room and that has another extension plugged into that. The first one is filled with plus and so is the second one plus one of those boxy plug thingys. Then across the other side of the room I have another extension with all my tank stuff plugged into that. It's all hidden dicreetly lol. But I do worry.

Haha my hubby is trained as an electrician and you should have heard then noises he was making looking at all them photos :lol: :lol: minnnt is right, it's got death written all over it!!

What you need is ONE long extension cable and then have your plugs connected into that at the place of the aquarium!.... or better still, use a socket next to the aquarium haha.... if not more than one!

Only one extension plug out of each outlet.
The one in the first pic is ok as it is fitted with an internal fuse (13Amps). EVERY thing else plugged in PLEASE get an Qualified electrician to sort them out.
PLEASE
You have a DANGEROUS set up. FIRE and a ELECTRICAL fault in the making.

Again PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FROM A QUALIFIED ELCTRICIAN you need this sorting.

I'm surprised no-one has noticed that there are still so many open spaces..... (at weekends, my gardener uses these for the lawnmower, hedge trimmer, and weed eater)..... and then also.... the lower cable in this photo has the blue wire connected on the right side..... should blue not be on the left???

Elecvtrics002.jpg

Yeah this is a fire waiting to happen. If you are happy to have a potential death on your hands then do nothing.

Total fire hazard. If this caused a fire and they traced it back to that you may well not be covered on your insurance for a stupidly high overload.

Mine isn't much different, not as bad as that though. As my brother is a electrician person he tells me its not to bad, as all the equipment doesn't draw much power. But he does say it is not perfect! :lol:

on the last picture were you can see the blue wire it looks like you have the wire jammed in the socket and then another plug on top if thats the case it's well dodgy ,i wouldn't be able to sleep at night if my wiring looked like that :hyper:

Most reactions

Back