My Ocean In A Box :)

Today i got some new toys :hyper: The powerheads i had played up from time to time so went a purchased a couple of Koralia 2 powerheads off ebay for £30 which i thought was a bargain. I also hated the heater i had because it was big and ugly and i was scared of the fish burning themselves on it. So i purchased one of the new fluval heaters.

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

Then i messed about changing everthing round, abit of a pain getting the plugs down the back and through into the cabinet but got there in the end.
DSCF0530.jpg

I really like the heater because it tells you the current tank temp and you just tell it what temp you prefer and it lights up red if it is currently to warm, green for spot on and blue for to cold.
DSCF0531.jpg

I set the preferred temperature to 25 so its lit up red due to being over that temperature.

Tanks is settling down now from the high nitrates i had the other day so hope the tank will soon be ready for CUC.

Happy with the tank now i have the powerheads of my choice giving me 4600lph turnover and i have an external with live rock running. The outlet on the external give me my water agitation at the top aswell so this should be more than enough.

Any comments or input welcome!

Looking good but........ Rock on glass.....

Looking good keep up the good work!!!

Looking good but........ Rock on glass.....

I know i know :lol: not got round to it yet.. have been thinking it over, just not sure how else to set the rock :unsure:

Right after a traumatic last hour or two i am finally happy with my new scape that is OFF the glass :D I hated the scape that i had before but i love this new one and wont be changing it again ... unless i have an avalanche in the tank :rolleyes:
DSCF0541.jpg

DSCF0543.jpg

Just noticed something on the rock that wasnt there before! can somebody help with an ID please :D ignore the gloves haha got open cut on my hand so didn't want to get something in the cuts.
DSCF0540.jpg

DSCF0536.jpg

Sorry about the lack of posts the last few days .. not had much happening. Just been waiting for levels to sort themselves out. I since found out from Andy that my new flowery friend is good old Aiptasia :angry: so i have added peppermint shrimp to my list of CUC to be added in the next week or so providing levels stay stable.

Scape looks really good! Is it stable? Hope the peps clear up that aiptasia.

Scape looks really good! Is it stable? Hope the peps clear up that aiptasia.

Thanks Sorgan :D Yeah 95% is solid and wont move without real pressure (alot more than any fish or CUC can do) one or two of the lighter rocks over the bridge are a tad loose and i might stick them with something.

Does look really nice Chris, however I would have got the soldering iron for that........... :devil:

Seffie x

Good idea Seffie :) found around 10 heads since discovering the first one :( I will enjoy watching the pep shrimps destroy it :D

If it were me, i really would burn them now, before you have live stock, once they get a hold in the tank :sick:

Seffie x

I don't have my soldering iron anymore.. I thought I did. Anymore good ways of dealing with it? Soon as my hand goes in the tank the aiptasia retracts into the hole it grew out off.

Most reactions

Back