My New Tank So Far

jenny6165

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
heres a pic of my first tank, its not ready for fish yet.
its a jewel rio 125.
I'd like to put some more plants in it and a background, but i think i was meant to put a background in before i put the water in :blink:

if anyone has any creative ideas id love to hear :D

tank.jpg

what fish are you planning to keep.
i have added a background after the tank was full and it still looked the same when i added one to an empty tank. (they may advise it because it might distress the fish).

edit due to it making no sense.lol

nice tank when your at this stage you might wnat to think about how you want it to look like what plants stuff like that before you add your fish. if your lookin for a natural look id add some natural gravel or sand and take out the red reed thing the other decorations are fine and remember its your choice :D

well, we were kinda looking for a natural look, but then i bought a sunken ship :blink:
does the red reed thing look a bit rubbish... we just picked up some random stuff. we have to go back today or tomorrow, so will have a look at other plants, that red reed thing is plastic.

how easy is it to put in real plants? or is that not advisable.

any advice comes much appreciated since i am totally clueless :D

what fish are you planning to keep.
i have added a background after the tank was full and it still looked the same when i added one to an empty tank. (they may advise it because it might distress the fish).

edit due to it making no sense.lol

the instructions said something about glueing the background to the tank, so had to be done without water... i guess this isnt the case then...

not sure what fish im planning to keep yet... pets at home have a rubbish selection, so will have to find a different place to get fish from and have a look what they got.

i have no idea wot types of fish can live together, i would love to have some of them small neon coloured fish, and i like them fish that suck the tank wall.... :blink:

With real plants it's best to have sand instead of gravel. You would also need good lighting in the tank.

By neon fish do you mean neons or cardinals. Cardinals are a bit bigger and much hardier. The sucking fish on the side could be otos or bristle noses. You could add some different tetras and a few cories. Have you got a filter on the tank (or is that the black thing on the right side)? I wouldn't go for things like angels or other types like that, as they get too big and wouldn't be happy in that size.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress. :good:

;)

yeh the black thing at the back is the filter... took me ages to work out how to put it together!

you cant tell, but the pic of the tank is with is lit, but its cos i took the pic during the day. i'll take a pic tonight... it looks cool in the dark:D

ok, so i cant put real plants in unless i put sand in... i guess plastic plants will look ok.
im really excited about getting some fish soon. theres a garden centre down the road who has staff in that seem to know their stuff about fish. unlike pets at home staff who dont seem to kno anything :blink:

Most reactions

Back