My New Marine Tank Log.

Oh i need a Transformer? to higher or lower the volts? are they expensive?

Depending on the size of the unit, up to £30. You want a stepdown tranformer to bring the voltage down from 240v to 110v. Shop around for the best deals and one suited to the equipment.

Yeah, they're not that expensive and sold all the time for travellers ;)

Ok it finally arrived today after 3 weeks, and i was greeted by a £25 Customs bill.

Its rather r large isn't it? i thought it'd be some compact little thing that went inside.

the pump is 120v, will i need to buy a transformer?

Throw the bill back at the seller, did they specify no customs charges?

Yep, you will need a transformer (and not the type that turns from a robot to a truck) :hey:

Haha, could u link to me a suitable transformer.

No there was nothing specifying the VAT or clearance cost.

Click HERE to see the page i bought it from.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Haha, could u link to me a suitable transformer.

No there was nothing specifying the VAT or clearance cost.

Click HERE to see the page i bought it from.

am i missing the point here cant you just but a uk version of the maxijet 1200 and sack off the superugly expensive transformers?

the AquaC with maxijet1200 was £80 and £20 P&P and something just over, came to £102 total.

Ok it finally arrived today after 3 weeks, and i was greeted by a £25 Customs bill.

Its rather r large isn't it? i thought it'd be some compact little thing that went inside.

the pump is 120v, will i need to buy a transformer?

So you paid £102 and had to pay the import tax charge giving a total of £127, and you now also need a transformer which is going to set you back up to £30 for a 128 litre tank.

For £81.45 you can get the Tunze 9002 which is good for 200 litres, or for £153 you can get a Tunze 9005 which is good for 500 litres so would more than keep the tank happy for the most demanding of corals. Also, the 9002 is very compact.

Im a bit confused as to why your buying stuff in the states and shipping it over when you can get stuff real cheap in the uk???

Im a bit confused as to why your buying stuff in the states and shipping it over when you can get stuff real cheap in the uk???

Don't think you can get the aqua c remora here in the UK and for the price these are meant to be awesome hob skimmers, i was looking in to them before i bought my v2 600...

But why not just get a deltec for that money???
Or Tunze?

Indeed, this is what I am confused at. This appears to be the result of asking on an international forum and going with the suggestion of mainly US people without realising Tunze and Deltec tend to be cheaper over here than in the US.

Most reactions

Back