My New Fw Adventure

After seeing this thread, I had to go pick up some Corys of my own! I just purchased four little guys which seem pretty eager to get into the tank. What have you been feeding your Corys? I purchased Hikari Sinking Wafers as well as Hikari Frozen Boodworms and Brine Shrimp.

Thanks,
Carl

:lol: I'm glad you did corys are great little fish and have bags of character :)
I'm feeding them bloodworm (Their favourite) sinking tablets and flake food. I've heard nothing but good things about Hikari products but can't seem to get hold of them anywhere around here :dunno:

tbh about adding which fish first, I think both need mature tanks but I would go with cardinals - I think they'll be a lighter bioload to start off with.

btw how many litres is the tank again?

I won't be adding them for a month or so yet maybe longer to give the tank time to get comfortable with the current bioload.

Thanks for the help i guess i'll go with the cardinals next then as i see what you mean about the lower bioload which will be helpful :good:

Tank is 22 gallons (UK) although i'm to tired right now to convert it into the litres :lol: Sorry

Looking very nice. We stocked those tanks at work for a while and to be honest I didn't think much of them but you really make it work. Deffiantely wouldn't add angels though, perfect for a pair of rams and nice size shoal of cardinals though.

The plants look like there made by RoseWoods.

I'm quite happy with it, never been good at aquascaping tanks and although this aint ever going to win any awards it'll do me for now :thumbs:

Yea, after seeing some full size angels the other day i knew it would be a bad mistake adding some so i'm going to stick with a pair of dwarf cichlids :good:

Yea the name RoseWoods rings a bell :look:

Hi,

You know I have seen these tanks, but just standing empty as a display, and while they caught my eye I didn't think they would look too good all tanked up so to speak, but you have totally changed my mind on them, I think the black background really makes it.

Well done. :good:

like everyones said, great shaped tank, and lovely set-up. mind if i ask where you bought it from? i might get myself one,lol
look forward to seeing it when its all done and finished, sure it will look fab. :good:

I must say, nice tank... and another thing I have to say is WOW this is an old post :lol:

your tank is Great!!! I am going to be buying some cories... I want to know which ones will work and are the activist. i have a ten gallon tank, curently stocked with 4 zebra danios and a pleco. (The pleco will be exchanged when its too big)

Thanks

your tank is Great!!! I am going to be buying some cories... I want to know which ones will work and are the activist. i have a ten gallon tank, curently stocked with 4 zebra danios and a pleco. (The pleco will be exchanged when its too big)

Thanks

Might want to look at the date. Last post was over a year ago :rolleyes:

I think we should get rid of that stupid "related thread" box. All it's useful for is mixing us up and reviving old threads...

Thanks

Might want to look at the date. Last post was over a year ago :rolleyes:

I think we should get rid of that stupid "related thread" box. All it's useful for is mixing us up and reviving old threads...

A YEAR AGO..... oops.

Cool tank, I have never seen that kind of tank. :good:

ok, so i just went through EVERY post in this thread, heres what i think, I HATE YOUR TANK!

HAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!

i honestly think you should look into a pair of dwarf pikes, regani or compressiceps would be stunning in that tank! maybe you could try some freshwater flounder! maybe you could try some asian freshwater clams, it'll help with your nitrates. again, i absolutely LOVE your tank and i will follow this thread to the end! very interesting, and you are great with addressing everyones individual questions and comments. great thread SF05!

Most reactions

Back