My New Fw Adventure

Oooo.. what an awesome looking tank! Very sharp and stylish!
Can't wait to see what it looks like completed with all the fishies.

The Corys look great! What make are those plants? They are pretty realistic-looking.

-Carl

Thanks for the comment :) I just got them from PetsAtHome (Don't shoot me :lol:) because i thought they looked pretty decent for fake plants.

Will be going planted somewhere down the line but just want something basic for the moment :thumbs:

Oooo.. what an awesome looking tank! Very sharp and stylish!
Can't wait to see what it looks like completed with all the fishies.

Cheers :good:

The corys have chilled out now so i will get some better shots of them tommorow as the ones up earlier are very poor (Even by my standards)

cool shape. excuse my technical-ness, but that looks like it has a great air-water gas exchange potential. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment stang1 :)

cool shape. excuse my technical-ness, but that looks like it has a great air-water gas exchange potential. :rolleyes:

It certainly does with all that room up top, one problem i have already is the HOB filter just doesn't give enough surface agitation so i'm struggling with surface skim which not only affects the water-air diffusion but looks just plain ugly :puke:

My problem is i don't want to add a powerhead because i'm trying to keep equipment seen to a minimum and drilling is out of the question! I'm thinking off adding another hob with higher flowrate and then eventually replacing the oringal one with another one with higher flowrate to get surface agitation up to the max! :hey:

Anyhoo off to the new pics which again are poor (Sorry) I Will get a new camera when i have recovered from buying my car. I switched it from a yaris to an Aygo Sport if anyone is interested :p

xcories.jpg

xcory.jpg

xcorys.jpg

xtank.jpg

Still stuck on which tetra i want!:S

For the surface agitation why not just add in an airstone and a small pump? Going to a higher flow rate HOB might increase the current in the tank too much.
BTW ~ The tank looks great!

Looking good! I honestly am a big fan of Cardinals because of how colorful they look once they mature, plus they are very active and enjoy schooling with other tetras.

-Carl

Yea i think a bunch of fully grown healthy cardinals are one of the nicest fish in FW which is why i think i'm just going to with them :) especially with the dark background...

For the surface agitation why not just add in an airstone and a small pump? Going to a higher flow rate HOB might increase the current in the tank too much.
BTW ~ The tank looks great!

TBH I don't really like airstones, they look unnatural and would just be more visible equipment in the tank although they do do a great job at clearing scum, i might just run one during the day while i'm out and take it out when i come home so the surface is clear. Thanks for the post though it's gave me that idea :good:

While waiting for the other HOB to fix your surface scum problem, you could lower the water level a bit so there's more surface agitation. Best of all, it's freeeeee!!!! :hyper:

:lol:

Lovely pics! Your cories look like a swarm of nurse sharks :lol:

I've found that having the water level a little higher than the outlet of the HOB has actually helped with the scum alot more as it pushes the water across the surface, it's mainly the side where the hob isn't that suffers from surface scum although a higher flowrate might fix this :thumbs:

:lol: They do actually look like a mini version of nurse sharks on that blurry piccy don't they! :thumbs:

Looks good! Are you still thinking on stocking? I would maybe do some rams instead of two angels, or maybe just one angel.

I'm pretty sure on my corys, 6-7 cardinals and either dwarf rams or a different type of dwarf cichlid pair. I posted about the angels in the new world cichlid section and they thought the tank was a little too small for one so i've stuck to the german or golden rams i think :good:

:drool: wow thats lovely and the corys look great in there great job :good:

luke

nice tank (why did you stop salty tank again?)

I would suggest serpaes (but some people have some real fin nipping problems, mine are fine though)

Thanks :good: Having a new bathroom suite installed but without a bath (Double shower instead) so i can't mix my RO water, i will have a outside tap fitted in the summer so i can go back to SW if i want but right now i'm just too busy to give a marine tank the little extra time it needs to give the livestock a good life.

This FW tank looks alrite for fake plants and it is nice and easy to maintain which is why i am glad i've gone for it :D (for now)

Serpae are very nice fish but like you said i've heard countless stories of them being a bit nippy and i don't want anyone bullying my cories! :p

Thanks for the comments everyone, i'll be updating this in a few weeks when i get my next fish:good:

What do you reccomend i add first the rams or the cardinals?

Cheers
Dan

After seeing this thread, I had to go pick up some Corys of my own! I just purchased four little guys which seem pretty eager to get into the tank. What have you been feeding your Corys? I purchased Hikari Sinking Wafers as well as Hikari Frozen Boodworms and Brine Shrimp.

Thanks,
Carl

tbh about adding which fish first, I think both need mature tanks but I would go with cardinals - I think they'll be a lighter bioload to start off with.

btw how many litres is the tank again?

Looking very nice. We stocked those tanks at work for a while and to be honest I didn't think much of them but you really make it work. Deffiantely wouldn't add angels though, perfect for a pair of rams and nice size shoal of cardinals though.

The plants look like there made by RoseWoods.

Most reactions

Back