My New Fw Adventure

Siamese Fighter05

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

Just sold my saltwater setup :)() and have decided to set up a new FW community tank. I've decided to keep the talking down and let the pictures do it for me. The tank is 22 Gallons and stocking plans are some corys, tetras and a pair of rams or a dwarf gorumai.

I got the whole setup for just £130 brand new which included a luminaire, hob, heater, tank and even the stand :D :good:

Here it is waiting to be opened up

newtank.jpg

And this is where i'm keeping it, in my boxroom bedroom :blush:

bedroom2.jpg

Giving the tank a good clean preparing for test run to check for leaks etc.

newtanka.jpg

The water goes in and the tank is full. I'm giving it until tommorow afternoon to check for things...So far so good :thumbs:

newtankc.jpg

newtankb.jpg

Just a little look at the HOB

newtankd.jpg

That's all for now :good:

Jobs for tommorow:

Black sand
Tank decoration
Water conditioner
Water containers
Nets
Sand vac
Food
Thermomter

I have picked up some black enamel paint that i am going to paint the back of the tank with to help improve fish colours and hide the HOB :good:

I have seen some very nice display tanks at pets at home which are using fake plants (Better believe it) and am going to use that idea but with black sand substrate.

Let me know what you think, feedback is appreciated :thumbs:

Dan

The shape of that tank is really neat! Looks like a great start. :good:

Shame you had to get rid of the saltwater... it was lovely.

Thanks for the comments :)

The shape of the tank is really cool, although it looks alot smaller in these pictures than in real-life :S

The bubbles are starting to come off the glass now as well :good:

One more thing i've got to say to everyone is please ignore the minging bathroom tiles in the cleaning pic, we've got a new bathroom suite being fitted in 2 weeks to get rid of the design by the previous owners :sick: :lol:

go with rams. great tank imo for upper dwelling fish like tetra.

That looks really nice. A group of penguin tetras would look really good, along with a pair of Leopard Angelfish. Cory’s -> their mite not be enough floor space unless you get the dwarf species.

Nice looking tank.

I was looking at the fourth pic and thought the tank look lopsided. Then the fifth photo loaded, it all made sense :lol:! That's a really cool shape! Looking forward to seeing this decorated. Are you going planted with this one? What kind of scape do you have in mind? A really sleek, mod scape would really complement the tank shape :hey: *hint hint*

p.s. I don't normally like wallpaper, but yours is awesome!!! Again, very mod! :D

Cheers for comments mate :)

I will go planted eventually but not right now just want to ease back into the FW side of things for now but i'm trying to keep it as natural looking as poss. Just spent £60 on fake plants! :S

I'm just going with the basic tall plants at back small ones upfront with a piece of wood thrown in somewhere :lol:

I found the bedroom design in a showhome although it wasn't the same it was black and white which gave me the idea for my room :good:

go with rams. great tank imo for upper dwelling fish like tetra.

Yeah, i think i've decided on the rams afterall :good:
That looks really nice. A group of penguin tetras would look really good, along with a pair of Leopard Angelfish. Cory’s -> their mite not be enough floor space unless you get the dwarf species.

Nice looking tank.

Hey mate, will take a look at some penguin tetras when i'm down the LFS later tonight. Do you think the tank is big enough for a pair of angels? I'd have to get 6 temporarily to find a pair? Pretty sure on the rams though :dunno:

The cories should be fine it's a lot bigger on the base than the picture shows, although i'll take another look when it's scaped.

Right then peeps, next update is tonight after i've painted the back and done some aquascaping.
On another note i applied for a job down my LFS today, hopefully i'll get it :good:

Watch this space!

Id say go with a similar stock as my livingroom tank.

Ram, Apisto, shrimp, etc...small, active colourfull fish.

Its looking really interesting, persoanlly id have save my £60 and spent about 30 on real plants from Greenline. Cant wait to see it finished, see if my opinion of fake plants has changed and also if they have improved since i last looked at them :)

Woah! What a weird shaped tank!
Looks good mind. Look foward to its development :good:

Thanks for the comments everyone :good:

I didn't get round to painting the back of the tank but i'm not working tommorow so i will hopefully have everything setup and ready for fish at the end of the day. Using cloned media :thumbs:

Okay, just sprayed the tank, looks like it needs one last coat for the finished look. I took some pictures as a little taster for later on :good:

mystuff.jpg

That little ball of moss is going to look great, you break of the pieces and make a little moss carpet that looks really realistic :thumbs: There is everything i will need (i think)

Heres the tank ready to be cleaned to get sprayed

sprayintnak.jpg

Here it is after the 1st coat

1coat.jpg

I've done 4 coats and it needs one more, went with black enamel paint in the end, filling the tank later and aquascaping then. More laters :)

looking good :good: , did you spray your trainers aswell :lol: :hey:
i would go with some small cichlids, and some really colourful schooling fish, like tetras, rasboras, or 2 dwarf gourami's.

keep the pics coming :nod:

Most reactions

Back