My new betta and his tank

lovebuzz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So a while ago my betta died and now I've replaced him with a beautiful pinkish bodied betta with red fins with some streaks of blue. In some lighting he looks like he has bright green on his body. I'm going to try and attach pics here.

His tank. Any ideas are welcomed because it seems a bit too simple for my likings. Excuse the water level, hehe. That mason jar is what he used to live in but my friend gave him to me and i gave him this nice 2.5 gallon tank, he'd better be happy :) . I would also love some suggestions for live plants in here (I'm going for a natural look.)

Is that a snail with him ?

Java fern , anubias and crypts , are good low light plants.

With that tank you could probably get something that needs more light , given the size and depth of the tank . [ you'll need a good light ]

Post your question in the plant forum , you should get some good suggestions their

Yup its a snail:)

Anymore suggestions? Everything is welcomed.

Excellent! Nice pink cambodian!
I, too, have a betta in a 2.5g. I suggest hairgrass, java fern, java moss, hornwart, a small rock or two. Good luck with your decorating! :)

I'm happy you all like it, and I'll definitely try those plants you said, Itty Bitty Betta

i have a 2.5g tank too, and i dropped a couple of aponogeton bulbs from walmart into the tank. they grew pretty well and they look nice. i'll try to get some pictures if i can get ahold of a camera

Most reactions

Back