My Juwel Vision 180 Tank

Kevstir Do you get your 1.5 wpg from your Arcadia freshwater and Interpet triplus lights or have you added more lighting? In theory one more of either tube would give you over 2 wpg... could you fit them in? if you can, I can! I have the same tank and despair of finding adequate lights but have so far not been very adventurous.

yeah m8, 2 arcadia freshwater tubes at the back and 1 interpet triplus at the front, i could get another one in the front 'just' but i don't really want to hit the 2wpg as i dont want to go down the co2 route, the tanks been running since late October without any algae issues so must be doing something right lol

i do one day want to put something tropica plant substrate or something similar under the sand to see if it would impove things a bit, i think not having anything under the sand apart from nutrafin grow sticks is what's causing the Amazon swords some trouble at the moment (mind you im going to replace them soon anyway)

Cheers

Kev

wow, amazing looking tank. This will make no sense at all, but looks really built up but really spacious too. Makes sense to me at least.

I've got artificial plants in mine, but im currenty saving up for a new tank and planning it out (apprentice wage isn't exactly great).

If you dont mind, what is it you mean by wpg? from what iv gathered from this so far if it's below 2.0 then you dont need CO2. How do you find out how much it is in your tank?

Reason im asking is that i dont particularly want to have the whole CO2 shabang, but pictures like yours have really made me want to have real plants in my tank.

Thanks alot.

wow, amazing looking tank. This will make no sense at all, but looks really built up but really spacious too. Makes sense to me at least.

I've got artificial plants in mine, but im currenty saving up for a new tank and planning it out (apprentice wage isn't exactly great).

If you dont mind, what is it you mean by wpg? from what iv gathered from this so far if it's below 2.0 then you dont need CO2. How do you find out how much it is in your tank?

Reason im asking is that i dont particularly want to have the whole CO2 shabang, but pictures like yours have really made me want to have real plants in my tank.

Thanks alot.

Hello scunny,

WPG means watt per gallon for lighting. It is generally a rule used for medium sized tanks. Generally it is agreed that with lighting below 2WPG CO2 isn't necessary and above would be considered extremely useful. This is why you normally achieve faster growth rates with a WPG more than 2.

Kevstir, your tank looks brilliant, I'm actually quite surprised at the growth rates you are achieving.

Goodjob :good:

Thanks alot.

Hello scunny,

WPG means watt per gallon for lighting. It is generally a rule used for medium sized tanks. Generally it is agreed that with lighting below 2WPG CO2 isn't necessary and above would be considered extremely useful. This is why you normally achieve faster growth rates with a WPG more than 2.

Kevstir, your tank looks brilliant, I'm actually quite surprised at the growth rates you are achieving.

Cheers for the help. Please let me know if this is wrong, but from what im understanding, if you've got more than 2.0wpg then your plants will be growing quicker and will therefore need CO2. Whereas if you have less then they wont grow as much and will therefore not need CO2.

Cheers.

Cheers m8

Here is the tank 4 weeks later, notice how fast the wisteria and the Hygrophila Polysperma have grown :D

5th June

DSC00138.jpg

Tonight (1st July)

DSC00226-1.jpg

Kev

i had that problem with my shrimp (and fish) but i changed the outlet (basically just removed the spray bar) on the filter to push most of it towards the filter pickup, was getting so frustrated with it before i changed it , was having to clean the sand every day lol

Superb pics & writeup! I've been pondering about getting the same tank, after seeing how good yours looks i think my minds made up :)
Real turnaround on the the green water! I might have to get one of those uv jobbies just to be on the safe side!
Great job :good:

Lovely tank and those plants look really nice. :good:
I wonder how you got that green water though? :unsure:
Anyway its a lovely tank and very nice table it stands on. ;)

your tank look great.
the java moss/java fern coconut cave look awesome. did you buy it as it is or did you attach the plants on yourself? if you did it yourself, how much java moss did you attach on there in the begining and what did you use to attach it? iv always tried it for my kribs but it never grows out like yours. it may be the shape of the coconut becuase the java moss attached to my other driftwood grows out fine.
great job again.

Hey. great tank you got there. Got a question though, when it came to you removing the internal juwel filter, how did you do it?
Ive got a juwel 70L tank and when fitting my filter i stuck it down in 5 different places using that horrible smelling black glue and now theres so much brown algae stuck between the filter and the glass, it just looks horrible! :sick:

Also i also have sand as my substrate but was wondering if you used anything else to help your plants grow better underneath?

Most reactions

Back