My First Nano!

Tried you're way Daveo with just Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Was easier, and faster LOL. Didn't have the patience to work it out for all the tests this morning though haha. Think my results are getting better, when should I expect a spike to do a water change?

Ammonia: 0.05 mg/l
Nitrate: < 1 mg/l
Nitrite: 0
SG: 1.025
Temp: 26 degrees celsius

when you have:

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate <10

Seffie x

:fish:

Tried you're way Daveo with just Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Was easier, and faster LOL. Didn't have the patience to work it out for all the tests this morning though haha. Think my results are getting better, when should I expect a spike to do a water change?

Ammonia: 0.05 mg/l
Nitrate: < 1 mg/l
Nitrite: 0
SG: 1.025
Temp: 26 degrees celsius

For me, in order of how long they take to develop the colour, Ammonia (5 mins), Nitrate (5 mins), Nitrite (2 mins), pH (30 seconds), Alk (30 seconds). My old Red Sea ammonia test used to have to develop for 15 minutes, which was a PITA! :p

Yeah, my Ammonia has a 5 minute developing time but the Nitrite has 3 minutes between first and second solution being added so I did Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate :)

What the..

There's some little insect thing going round in circles on the surface of the water. REALLY fast. I'm surprised it hasn't passed out the speed it's going round and round... getting dizzy watching it LOL

What the..

There's some little insect thing going round in circles on the surface of the water. REALLY fast. I'm surprised it hasn't passed out the speed it's going round and round... getting dizzy watching it LOL

Probably a pod or rotifer - good sign of life

Seffie x

:fish:

Ok, so I've seen multiple things that look like corals forming, even what looks like a little start of an anemone. But I've been searching for days to find something that looks like little pink flowers with white in the middle(like where pollen would be). All of it looks like tubs, like the "stalk" of the flower is a pink tube, then the "petals" are little tubes. They move around, and there's a few of them popping up on one rock at the back of the tank. Does it sound like anything similar? Will try to get pics of the growths from everywhere, but this one in particular is driving me crazy.

As for the other thing I was wondering about..
It's got an orange base going up to clear, fat tentical looking things with orange tips. The "tentacles" are very bubbly.

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

And one of the feather dusters..

DSC00383.jpg

Most reactions

Back