My discus pics!

Gorgeous and healthy looking fish you got there... :thumbs: :kewlpics: Good job on keeping them, I know it's extra work to keep them, but it's worth all the work if they all look like they do on your tank...Makes me wanna start up a Discus tank again....I miss mine now... :(

I found an advert on AQA - UK last week, a guy was selling his Discus collection to move over to marine. Droped him a line and found out he was only an hour and a bit so striked a deal for three adult discus and 25+- cardinals for £95 ;)

Collected them yesterday afternoon and I'm in :wub:, they look like giants next to my original 7 but all seem to be swimming around fine together this morning.

Below is a pic of the Adult P/Blood, although the pic doesn't do it Justice. So will try and get some more pics today..

Lawrence :D

Attachments

• 13294_640x480.jpg
    13294_640x480.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 41
Nice Discus. Do you use RO and what are your water parameters (pH, hardness, temp. etc.)

I would love to have the room (and money) to set-up a heavily planted Discus tank. My long-term goal is to have an 10 footer (Pressurized CO2, Metal Halides etc.) when I retire - only 20 years to wait.

How long have your plants been in there - they look very healthy.

Great tank anyway.

Thanks gf225, good luck with your Dream tank! My tanks been plnated for around 5 months now, although I am thinking that long term i am going to change to Silk plants apart from the Java Fern on the mopani wood as it's hard work keeping with algae as Discus produce a lot of waste which algae thrives on..

Touch wood though, it's under control at the moment!

lawrence

Those pics of the discus are great. Iv only just got my first tank but would definitely love to have some discus in the future

roomyc

To be truthfull I don't check my water parameters!

As for Filteration I have a Huge Ehime 2217, and just do reg water changes..

Some of the new additions i purchased from a guy recently... They are Adult, Pigeon Blood, Blue Diamond & Snakeskin Discus.

Attachments

• DSCF0534_640x480.jpg
    DSCF0534_640x480.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 34
and here's one with some of my other smaller discus!!

Attachments

• DSCF0535_640x480.jpg
    DSCF0535_640x480.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 38
are discus hard to take care of? i always want to buy one but there expensive and i didnt want one dieing on me

Hi bbq1234, Discus are said to be hard to keep. But so far so good, touch wood. I started with an empty tank and planned to setup as Discus tank, so it was the correct enviroment for them, and only have fish with them that 1) Can stand the warmer temps and 2) That will live along with the Discus safely without causing problems. You couldn't keep them in your setup with the fish in you signature, you would need to start up a seperate aquarium. :thumbs: Sound like a good excuse to expand you aqauriums! LOL

Kind Regards
Lawrence

Most reactions

Back