My Betta Rescue Died.......

BettaBarbara

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had purchased my little female Betta at the petshop last week....she had stress stripes and was just laying around her tank.....she started to eat and I thought she was going to be OK.....but found her dead yesterday....felt so bad for her. I get really upset that these pet shops keep the Betta's in such tiny cups.....also something else, not sure anyone else has seen....but they are selling these stuffed animals now with a plastic belly for kids to put a betta in !!  These fish are not toys....I just don't get it. I am not some fanatical animal rights person by any means....but some things are just blatantly abuse to a living creature.....in keeping and breeding Betta you realize just how special these little fish are, not just some ornament or toy......sorry had to vent .....
no.gif

Attachments

• fishtank.jpg
    fishtank.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 78
sorry for your loss at least you were able to give it a good home at the end of her life.

Sorry to hear about your rescue.  :(  Unfortunately a lot of rescues end up that way just because they endure too much stress and just can't get over it.  The good thing is you gave her a great home for the last part of her life and she at least was comfortable in the end.  

I HATE gimmick "tanks" especially the ones marketed toward bettas.  The amount of bad information out there about them is astonishing and continues to prevail.  And the fact that this particular example of betta cruelty is geared toward a kid having a living toy is especially bad.  

Wildbetta said:
Sorry to hear about your rescue.  
sad.png
 Unfortunately a lot of rescues end up that way just because they endure too much stress and just can't get over it.  The good thing is you gave her a great home for the last part of her life and she at least was comfortable in the end.  

I HATE gimmick "tanks" especially the ones marketed toward bettas.  The amount of bad information out there about them is astonishing and continues to prevail.  And the fact that this particular example of betta cruelty is geared toward a kid having a living toy is especially bad.  
Thank you, it's not my first rescue that passed....sometimes I just can't help buying a few when I see them in bad shape....she was really pretty, dark blue.....anyway.....yes I hate the gimmick tanks too, but this one really just bothered me more then the others, being it's a "stuffed toy"......a living toy, as you said.

God! Beggars belief that people will actually buy these ridiculous 'toys'!
no.gif

Even worse are the people who design and make them!!

Does make me angry too! 
evilmad.gif

Hi Barbara, sorry for your loss, and I agree with everyone else that she was probably very happy at the end of her life being in your care.

What a ridiculous idea to market such a silly thing!

Lets hope some people have more sense and the whole thing falls on its head!

Sorry about your rescue, +1 on the fact you made it's last few days better than it would have had :(

As well, all the images of bettas kept in these ridiculous tanks perpetuates the misconceptions that bettas can be housed in any small container, need for proper filtration or provision of clean water. It is sad that the industry hype for these contraptions outweigh good fishkeeping practices.

I hate the betta tank industry. sadly that will probably ne a hot selling item.especially as gifts for office workers and teachers.

Thing is, these are obviously aimed at the children's market and can just imagine whats going to happen.

Kiddies carrying them around everywhere, stressing poor the Bettas completely. Some kiddies might just dump them on the floors, perhaps even throwing them around, and all that sort of thing.

*shudders* 
cry1.gif

well at least its not mainly targeted as a betta tank, its multi purpose.

Ch4rlie said:

Kiddies carrying them around everywhere, stressing poor the Bettas completely. Some kiddies might just dump them on the floors, perhaps even throwing them around, and all that sort of thing.

*shudders* 
cry1.gif

That were my thoughts exactly.....ughhh.

I blame the dummies who actually buy these thigs and let a kid put a fish in it.... The piggy one is cute for coins ONLY. They should have just marketed it for that.

Most reactions

Back