My Attempt At Do-It-Yourselfing

Neomeris

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
From what you may know from reading my posts about gouramis,danios, or tank stands, you may have gathered that I am getting a new tank. I am! This will be where I post about how it is going. I'm getting the tank in mid June, and I want to have a stand ready.

I think I'll get to work on a stand today.

Neomeris

I'm procrastinating. Or, the people who I want to help me are...

I'm getting to work on my stand today. The tank comes on FRIDAY!!! This Friday!!

Neomeris

I got the tank. Right now it's empty and sitting in the garage. It's two danios are in my other set-up twenty.

But no stand? This is a really interesting thread so far ;) Come on get to it! pics too please! :)

I'm sorry that my thread is boring. I'm also sorry about the lack of pics, but I'm a really bad photographer. And when I say that, I mean that means that my pictures of the coast that I took last summer look like a big fuzzy blur. My danios are doing well. I'm planning a stand that is basically a chest of drawers. I can't start until I move the existing stand, and empty my twenty gallon tank, so that is kind of a three-day weekend minimum project. My apologies, Tizer.

Neomeris

anyone can take a picture, todays modern cameras are built for those of us that are useless with cameras, that includes me :) if you need help uploading and linking them let us know.

Thats generous. Today is my first day of summer break. Dad and I are going hiking. Then I'm going to beg that we cauculate how much wood we need for the stand

But no stand? This is a really interesting thread so far ;) Come on get to it! pics too please! :)

:hyper:

I'm sorry, but I do not find that funny. I'm getting to work as fast as I can, but moving furniture, emptying (and moving)multiple tanks, and building something of a large size is not exactly a quick project. Plus, I have summer camps and stuff like that, so this will go slowly. Please...patience is important.

P.S. I've estimated I'll be past the planning stage in July.

I appreciate that DIY things take time but in 6 months time when someone searches for "DIY tank stand" do you think they'll want to read through 3 pages of "i'm going to do it soon" before any plans or photos materialise? I'm not trying to discourage you, DO IT!! :) DIY is awesome. Post some preliminary plans at least, so people can give you tips on what you're trying to do. Otherwise this thread has no merit for the rest of us reading it.

I didn't mean to offend and I'm sorry it was taken that way. I know only too well the struggles of daily life and DIY projects. I started a thread here a few months ago I think and I've not actually started it as yet, well, I have a wee bit but there been so much going on with the kids, life and responsibilities have to come first.

I appreciate that DIY things take time but in 6 months time when someone searches for "DIY tank stand" do you think they'll want to read through 3 pages of "i'm going to do it soon" before any plans or photos materialise? I'm not trying to discourage you, DO IT!! :) DIY is awesome. Post some preliminary plans at least, so people can give you tips on what you're trying to do. Otherwise this thread has no merit for the rest of us reading it.
the op has posted a preliminary plan, it's gonna be a chest of drawers :lol:

Finished it yet?
started it yet? there are plenty of us on here who can help with diy if needed

Most reactions

Back