My Artwork

New One.....

Sunken Chinese Junk
Sunken_Chinese_Junk_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

You are very talented, and have a lot of potential. I would love to see you carry your attention to detail a little more consistently through the entire drawing though. You have shown quite well that you have the ability.
When using paints some of the detail becomes lost in shading and blending. It is much easier for most to paint because they can just blend it instead of having to get all the fine details.
What exactly are you using right now?
Do you look at anything to do your drawings?
I would love to see if you could take it a bit further. Try to get more life. Pick one thing and try to make it look like it is alive. This is where attention to detail becomes really important.
It will work a little better if your origional out line is lighter so you don't notice it as much. You need the detail to come out with the colors. Also if you smudge the lines when filling in it will give you a much better look in the end.
I hope you keep at it. So many people don't really use their talents. I am one of them. I have gotten several awards for drawings and paintings, but I hardly ever do it any more.
You need to get some textured art paper. You will be amazed at the difference it will make.
Have you tried pastels yet. They are really easy. It works really well if you use colored pencils to put in the fine details, and pastels for the colors and shading. You can make things look like they are jumping out of the paper if you do it right.
I like to make the eyes follow people. That is my thing. I love to see someone when they are trying to figure out how the eyes in a picture are really following them. Sometimes it is down right funny!
Post more pics when you have them. You have a lot of talent. I would love to see the progress as you practice and try new things.

I must agree with Icegirl. Talent and potential for sure.

You're drawings so far are appearing to be more fantasy drawings than anything else, and there's a certain lack of realism in it all. Of course, this also appears to be you're drawing style. Attention to detail is greatly needed, and athough you're drawings are pleasing to the eye - some of them are far too busy as you have tried to fit as much in a page as possible. Try taking one thing and concentrate on that only. Use a photograph of something and carefully "copy" it without colouring. Use shading techniques to highlight areas and shadow areas. Simply to broaden your understandings of sketching. Trial and error is how artwork happens. Pieces can often happen by accident, and perhaps this style you are using is just not the "right" style for you yet. It takes exploring. It is basically you're colouring that is taking everyones attention away from the issue of you're lines/outlook/perspective of the actual drawing which has obvious imperfections, but this is a good thing, this is also one of the reasons I say you have talent because you have the ability to draw people's eyes away from you're mistakes. One rule in art, never erase anything, simply correct it.

Hope that helps a bit, and makes sense. I am in no way putting you down, as I said before, you have talent and ability, you just have to learn how to use it properly but you're getting there. Critique helps a lot :flowers:

One doesn't need an attention to detail to become a brilliant artist :D

Being in a house with two published artists (Australian comic book & magazine artists) I have seen many drawings & having been brought up with impressive artwork around me for a long time when I view drawings I can be very harsh but those pictures are impressive especially the colouring is done very well.

If you have a select Aquarium you visit & they are friendly maybe draw something for their shop & maybe get a logo in the shop :D I do suggest buy some canvas or good quality paper to paint on.

Great work (my Favourite is the Amazon one with the Red-tail Catfish :D)

I agree, try using better quality paper, drawings done on thin paper are always acused of tracing the outlines and colouring them in.

The advice regarding shading etc is good, try using different media, maybe try oil pastels before paint.

I have to many works to count, and I dont trace. The reason I use the lined paper is cause I cant afford eanything else, besides you really think Id trace all those pics, traing isnt that fun, I like using my mind making new things.
And I draw in pencil and pen and I color in a combination of mediums (colored pencil and crayon).

Great drawings.. Like Titanic and Deep friendship :good: .. As suggested by others why dont you try other media.. Pastels or paint ?.. and try plain paper im sure they would look great! x

Thanks-

Planet Porpoise
Planet_Porpoise_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

Friend or Foe
Friend_or_Foe_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

Im Blue Da Ba Dee
Im_Blue_da_ba_dee_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

A World beneath the World
A_World_beneath_the_World_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

Star Breather
Star_Breather_by_ArtEffects65.jpg

They all look great :thumbs:
Do you not sign any of your drawings? You should watermark them so no one uses them as their own.

keep em coming,

Drew

Most reactions

Back