My 48g Fowlr Journey. 13 Months On...

If it were my tank, I'd get two Seio M620 powerheads. They each use a mere 18watts of electricity (32 total) compared to the ones you lised at 28watts each (84 total). Longterm they'll save you in energy costs bigtime. Not to mention that they each push 2400lph for 4800lph total. Fantastic pumps, and I wish I had purchased those models when I started up my tank...

As for the skimmer, I hear some great things about the V2's ability to pull dissolved organics but I also hear that a few owners of the skimmer have trouble with noise. I also hear good things about Deltec skimmers. You may want to consider looking through classifieds, ebay, etc and look for a second hand skimmer to save a little $$. Just some food for thought :)

If it were my tank, I'd get two Seio M620 powerheads. They each use a mere 18watts of electricity (32 total) compared to the ones you lised at 28watts each (84 total). Longterm they'll save you in energy costs bigtime. Not to mention that they each push 2400lph for 4800lph total. Fantastic pumps, and I wish I had purchased those models when I started up my tank...

As for the skimmer, I hear some great things about the V2's ability to pull dissolved organics but I also hear that a few owners of the skimmer have trouble with noise. I also hear good things about Deltec skimmers. You may want to consider looking through classifieds, ebay, etc and look for a second hand skimmer to save a little $$. Just some food for thought :)

The seio 620's only use 8w each, thats why I got 4 of them!!

I also have the v2 400 skimmer, it is quite noisy but you soon get used to it, the only thing I would say is the pump that drives it looks terrible in the tank, and its driving me mad thinking of a way to disguise it better. Other than that, its a great skimmer for the price.

OK, I am sold on the SEIO's. LOL Thanks for the heads up. Anything that saves money has my vote.

Now, the skimmer... how noisy is noisy? And can you run it only part of the day? For instance, could I run it from midnight to 6pm everyday so it doesn't interfere with the tv on an evening? LOL.

Ideally the skimmer is ran 24/7 but if you wanted to turn it off from 6-midnight that wouldnt be the end of the world. Just make sure if you do choose to do so that you do it with a timer so that you dont forget ;)

we leave our skimmer on 24/7 but that's mostly cos when it's working we don't dare touch it :X :rolleyes:

we leave our skimmer on 24/7 but that's mostly cos when it's working we don't dare touch it :X :rolleyes:

lmao!! Well, that could easily happen, but I like to think everything will go well. But if it does, it would be first for me anyways... so it is unlikely.

Pessimist? me?? noooooo..... :p

lmao!! Well, that could easily happen, but I like to think everything will go well. But if it does, it would be first for me anyways... so it is unlikely.

Pessimist? me?? noooooo..... :p

ha ha got to have a positive outlook!! i must say if the marine tank was in the bedroom there'd be a lot of tweaking going on. it's in the living room so the noise doesn't disturb my sleep!

So, the RO system is here, and I have a question... we're having a new kitchen soon, how easy is it to take the RO unit out and then refit it? I'm assuming it will leave a hole in the pipe? Or maybe it just comes off and leaves the clamp..??? I don't know! Help!

Depends on how you're going to connect it. If you're going to use the pipe-pinching under the sink method then yes it will leave a hole in the pipe, but it should also come with a valve. When deconstructing your kitchen you can just turn the valve off and remove the unit :good:

Depends on how you're going to connect it. If you're going to use the pipe-pinching under the sink method then yes it will leave a hole in the pipe, but it should also come with a valve. When deconstructing your kitchen you can just turn the valve off and remove the unit :good:

Great, thanks, that makes sense... this whole plumbing lark confuses the heck out of me.. just flood-phobic y'know. :)

Great, thanks, that makes sense... this whole plumbing lark confuses the heck out of me.. just flood-phobic y'know. :)

I was until Ian moved in, I've lost count of how many times the kitchen's been flooded now :rolleyes: doesn't even phase me any more :rolleyes: :lol:

I was until Ian moved in, I've lost count of how many times the kitchen's been flooded now :rolleyes: doesn't even phase me any more :rolleyes: :lol:

So what you are saying then, is that it is Ian's fault that the kitchen keeps getting flooded? LOL *waits for Ian's response*

hehe, I nearly flood my kitchen every time I water change, I'm just incapable of doing it without soaking everything including myself. :S Did you, by the way, get your RO unit from osmotics?

So what you are saying then, is that it is Ian's fault that the kitchen keeps getting flooded? LOL *waits for Ian's response*

hehe, I nearly flood my kitchen every time I water change, I'm just incapable of doing it without soaking everything including myself. :S Did you, by the way, get your RO unit from osmotics?

I said no such thing :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :lol:

i've had a few phone calls now saying 'just to warn you love, the kitchen's a little 'moist' i'm out at the DIY store now so don't panic' :rolleyes:

yes we did and we we're really pleased with them and it :good:

I said no such thing :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :lol:

i've had a few phone calls now saying 'just to warn you love, the kitchen's a little 'moist' i'm out at the DIY store now so don't panic' :rolleyes:

yes we did and we we're really pleased with them and it :good:

LMAO aren't men 'fun'?! :D

Great, good to hear about osmotics, ours is sitting in its box at the mo, got no other stuff yet, so no rush!

Most reactions

Back