My 2 Girls :(

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Lost my 2 lovely CT girls last night at some point while I was away from home for the night... I got home to find both dead, I don't know why... All I know is that Beaut was looking a little unwell yesterday according to my mum.
I have a few pictures to put up in this post.
Beaut, the smaller of the 2.
Beautcolour.jpg

Hope, my breeding female.
HopeSunlight.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality... Phones are bad for fish pictures.

where you keeping the females together? if you have, than they may have fought and killed each other :crazy: . that happend to me once before, and again but only ripped fins for the second time.

where you keeping the females together? if you have, than they may have fought and killed each other :crazy: . that happend to me once before, and again but only ripped fins for the second time.

They were in a 15 gallon together with 2 others(which are fine) with loads to hide in, under, behind... You name it, they had it.
The thing is there were no marks on the bodies. No ripped fins, no missing scales, no nothing...

Sorry you lost them, sometimes there is no explanation as to why fish die.
Did you test the water to see if there a spike that could've killed them?

Sorry you lost them, sometimes there is no explanation as to why fish die.
Did you test the water to see if there a spike that could've killed them?

I did an there was nothing...
All I can think is that maybe the "bogwood" I put in there could have done something as I suspect it's not genuine bogwood... Obviously I took it out as soon as I thought it was the bogwood that killed them.
I soaked it first for 48 hours in a Baby Steriliser Fluid and water mixture and then again for 24 hours in clean cold water to draw out the Baby Steriliser but I doubt the Steriliser did it as it's safe for use on baby bottles...
I just can't believe it... At least Hope's babies are still OK and happily munching on Microworms.

Most reactions

Back