my 10G broke and i need soem help

daudy_dojo

crazy betta lady 0.o
Reaction score
i have a 10G that is completely un fixable... SOOO i was wanting to take that black rim off of it :) any idears as to how to do this... cut im stuck :/ well any help will be greatly appreciated!

im gonna use the glass to make a 5G so i can get a FW dwarf puffer :)

Its only glued on but a bummer to get off.
It normally falls off after a few years, I know thats no help to you now but all I can suggest is brute force.

k ... so i have a hammer and a screw driver... think it'll work?!?! and what are the dimensions for a 5G??

rectangle :) i want it to be a lil tall and a lil wide... im thinking of going for a 6 gallon or 7gallon :) and umm well the extra glass for a hood :D

Wasn't thinking of amything as drastic as a hammer. More like a wallpaper scraper up in between the glass and the pvc, it should work.

Any way why is it un fixable ?

A 7 gallon iisss.... 18x10x10 methinks. Thats inches :p The best way to work out dimensions os to take the max. space you have lengthwise than work the rest out from there :p

be VERY careful working with glass. I know this from experience.

I would suggest a thick pair of gloves, and eye protection.

How are you planning to cut the glass?

Oh, also a little tip - for removing anything stuck to glass - spray hair spray under it (if you can) and that should melt the adhesive. Remember to give it a good clean after, before you add the fish. :nod:

here is the un-fixable tank
broken10G002.jpg

:p what will dissolve silicon or atleast help me get it off... cause i have the black rim off i just need to get the glass apart :)

Razorblade did the trick for me. Managed to get all the silicone off AND amazingly enough, manage to NOT cut my fingers open.

Most reactions

Back