Mizu+Daxia Spawn Journal!

Bad news, Daxia has swim bladder :( I had put them back in the spawning tank yesterday since they seemed to be in the mood, and Adamu ended up building a bubblenest that spanned over half of the 10 gallon surface. Well things ended up just like the first time, he chased and nipped her constantly and she still attempted to mate with him. Well now she has swim bladder, and is currently recovering in her own 5 gallon. I gave her a pea and epsom salt, and she has nice fresh water, so I hope that will help.

I really dont know why Adamu didn't work out, but I wont be trying him again. I'm going tomorrow to a nearby cichlid store to look for a new male so I can begin conditioning. Hopefully by the time the new male is ready, Daxia will have recovered and will be ready to go again. Hope you guys will still follow when I have updates! Wish Daxia well lol

Panthera, I'm sorry. Maybe Adamu just needs a different female. Sometimes a certain pair just doesn't work out. Seems like Daxia's a good female, though, so another male may be an option for her. She looks like a tough fish, so I think she'll be fine. It's a learning process breeding these fish. Doesn't always go as planned.

L

Thanks Llj and lilfishie. I have good news! Went to the cichlid store about 30 mins away today, and they had some really amazing bettas! Most were Crowntails and Plakats, but I did find a really beautiful and active Delta. He is turquoise-blue and is a bit bigger then Adamu, so hopefully he'll be able to wrap Ms. Behemoth, a.k.a Daxia. I'm gonna start conditioning them both tomorrow and will spawn them on a week from today hopefully :D Here are some pics of my new male, his name is Mizu, which means Water in Japanese.

5409532996_691fc848b1_z.jpg

5409533108_1c76d34273_z.jpg

5409533218_099be8402c_z.jpg

5409533312_eaf2f42bc3_z.jpg

So whattya think? They'll have some sexy fry right? Stay tuned! And wish the future parents luck!

To bad the first male didnt work they would have had some lovely fry! But i must say that new male is absolutely stunning!! wish you lived near me would love a pair of their fry, they would make good breeders if they come out Daxias size shes a house! but a very lovely one :p

sure going to bee some good looking fry.

if my 2 carry on fattening up like they are we could be on for same time :good:

sure going to bee some good looking fry.

if my 2 carry on fattening up like they are we could be on for same time :good:
I hope they're good looking ;) hehe. Yeah mine are definitely gonna be ready come Monday or Tuesday, fattening em' up with Bloodworms and Hikari pellets. Mizu already has a huge bubblenest built near the heater, and he and Daxia are constantly flirting along the divider lol. Mizu is just amazing when he flares, so beautiful. I'll try and get some good pics of him flaring so you guys can see. :D

Most reactions

Back