Miss Wiggle And Big Ian's First Marine Tank!

i`m just looking forward to looking after the mbu puffer, and the lion fish :D :D :D

i`m really looking forward to expanding my knoledge especially towards the marine side, and i`m also looking forward to bringing some knowledge of my own to the shop

i`m just looking forward to looking after the mbu puffer, and the lion fish :D :D :D

i`m really looking forward to expanding my knoledge especially towards the marine side, and i`m also looking forward to bringing some knowledge of my own to the shop

i'm looking forward to daily phone calls saying 'do you mind if they pay me in mbu puffers this week?! :lol:

Yey for RO water B). Glad you guys got yourself a good unit :). Sorry to hear about all the life crazyness, I was wondering where you guys were. Hope things are getting a little back to normal.

Thanks Ski, we're starting to get there, been a rough few weeks though.

but such is life, gotta pick yourself up and move on. :)

Right nitrates are falling. down to 25ppm now :D :D :D

Next mission is defeating the dark hordes of alge that have infested the tank.
we shall soon be recruiting some more snail soldiers in the war on alge but whats the best way to get rid of alge thats grown on the LR?

Ummm, depends, are you facing the forces of hair algae or the brigands of cyanobacteria?

oh and also, both the clowns now seem to be hosting in the same bit of sponge.... do we need to worry about this, we were considering re-homing one of them anyway as with such a small tank we can't have many fish, don't wanna use up all the space in the stocking with clown fish. nice as they are there's a lot of other things we want.

:)

sounds like a mix really ,and you might be able to wipe off by hand,on the next water change , or sweep it up with the net?

sounds like the clowns are having fun, only you can decided wether one goes dont see a prob tho in a 30 gal

sounds like a mix really ,and you might be able to wipe off by hand,on the next water change , or sweep it up with the net?

sounds like the clowns are having fun, only you can decided wether one goes dont see a prob tho in a 30 gal

aye we were thinking of adding more clean up crew in the next week or so, just wondering if anyone can do the job for us, just laziness i guess, sure we could scrub it all off.

ok, just worried if there would be agression or jealousy over the sponge.

Cyano is a pita. At least with hair there are some predators, nothing really seems to genuinely like eating cyano. Your best bet are cerith and nassaurius snails since they'll stir up your sand and the nassaurius will eat your decaying meaty food to keep it from causing nitrate/phosphate blooms.

as we have aprox 3mm of sand at the bottom of the tank i didn`t think we would be able to keep cerith or narcisus?

theres a whole mix of alge in there, gree, red, brown, and mixtures of the both of them, the green seems to be full of bubbles

Cerith and Nassaurius snails dont need sand, they just try and burrow if they find it :)

Most reactions

Back