Mikes P F K Nano

hi mike how did u change ur lighitng as i have the same tank and would definately like to upgrade my lighting
is the tube just resting on the glass?

Arl

I have the same tank and just rested a power compact T5 tube and reflector on the glass. Some here have made DIY luminaires using a standard reflector and some wire etc if you are up for it.

Nice work Mike.
I can fully relate to the HC problem :/ Took ages for mine to get rooted and stay down. Ofcourse, it doesn't help if there are amano shrimps digging about :X
Keep it up. The riccia looks great.

Looks cool, Mikes... Have you got the pressurized CO2, yet?

Thanks everyone,

No the bloomin' pressurised CO2 unit hasn't come yet, it's really annoying me.

Oh, and the HC is still floating up all the time.

Am loving that scape matey, looks quality, just needs to fill out and it'll be one to be proud of. Shame this wasn't around for the PFK comp.

If I were to comment it would be perhaps to reduce the size of the rocks if possible, the placement is excellent but the largest one in particular is just a little to big to my eye. You're also supposed to have them in threes, two rocks can create tension, not that it does in your tank.

Sam

Am loving that scape matey, looks quality, just needs to fill out and it'll be one to be proud of. Shame this wasn't around for the PFK comp.

If I were to comment it would be perhaps to reduce the size of the rocks if possible, the placement is excellent but the largest one in particular is just a little to big to my eye. You're also supposed to have them in threes, two rocks can create tension, not that it does in your tank.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

The reason there are only 2 rocks is because they are the 2 left over rocks I had from the failed 2 litre cube. I'm thinking of changing this scape soon, but at the moment it's simply another test for my dosing skills.

I just remembered something.
The CO2 unit came a few days ago, and it's great. Being able to turn CO2 on and off just like that. It really is like magic after almost a year of yeast supplied CO2.

I'm not really liking the Echinodorus latifolius, although it's a nice plant, the leaves are simply too big. I'm thinking of replacing it all with Blyxa japonica. But I'll see how things go.

Cheers,
Mike

Really Great scapes - Keep it up.

Yesterday i changed the scape yet again! I'm quite happy with this new scape, but will still have to force myself to not change it until it has grown out a bit.

Thanks everyone,

HI Mike, i used echinodorus tennellus to anchor my hc it works a treat when i trim next time would you like some, (free) just email me your address, regards john

Thanks everyone,

HI Mike, i used echinodorus tennellus to anchor my hc it works a treat when i trim next time would you like some, (free) just email me your address, regards john

Thanks for the offer, but I already have some E. tennelus in another tank. That's quite a good idea, I might just give it a try! Did you remove the E. tennelus after the HC had rooted itself? My Amano shrimp don't help much either with their constant digging up.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks everyone,

Thanks for the offer, but I already have some E. tennelus in another tank. That's quite a good idea, I might just give it a try! Did you remove the E. tennelus after the HC had rooted itself? My Amano shrimp don't help much either with their constant digging up.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike, i havent removed the e tennellus i am just going to let it go were it wants to a point as T Amano does in his tanks regards john.

Most reactions

Back