Melafix & Cycle

For both Hmongol and omega59, aquarium salt is not a cure-all. End of discussion. Melafix and bettafix are both patent medicines made from the oils of tea plants that have no proven benefits at all for fish, although both have their adherents. The best known real world cure for fin problems is very simple to state. It is simply clean/fresh water. All other "cures" are not well documented.

For a 5 gal it would be up to 5 tsp of aquarium salt. It needs to be completely dissolved before placing in the water with the fish. This does help fin rot. Keeping the water very clean also helps.

For both Hmongol and omega59, aquarium salt is not a cure-all. End of discussion. Melafix and bettafix are both patent medicines made from the oils of tea plants that have no proven benefits at all for fish, although both have their adherents. The best known real world cure for fin problems is very simple to state. It is simply clean/fresh water. All other "cures" are not well documented.

For a 5 gal it would be up to 5 tsp of aquarium salt. It needs to be completely dissolved before placing in the water with the fish. This does help fin rot. Keeping the water very clean also helps.

I still haven't had a chance to buy anything, this morning i was near the shop and totally forgot my wallet :(
I did however do a 60% water change last evening, and will be doing it again today.

I am doing my best i did a water change today 60%. His fins may take some time to heal i hope it heals and not continue to rip away.

Most reactions

Back