Making My 800 Gal.... Bigger

Well boys and girls, a web cam would be sweet! Anyone have one they want to give me?

If i had one ide give you it in a heartbeat. And make a stipulation that all your videos be at LEAST 5 minutes long:) Amazing stuff here, really.

Sorry to hear about your pinhole leaks, there's not much to do about those other then clean them up and coat over, Just make sure that when you sand those drips down the dust doesn't stay in any of the pinholes or you could end up back down there for the what, 5th time now? lol. Also, if i were standing next to you while you were talking about the sheets of wood moving to cause the cracks, i would have nodded and agreed, but isn't that sheet along the back (i call it bigback when im talking about your videos to the misses) butted right to the wall, well, to the framing which is directly pressing on the wall of the room? It shouldnt move much more then a few MM of compression. Then again, i could be wrong about everything.

Either way, keep it up, and call out of work sick so we can watch some more videos!

-Chairman Wood

Yes, isn't 28 awsome? It's been fixed as of 6 am this morning... and Chairman, who said anything about work? LOL

I could make the videos 9 minutes long every time... but hen it takes aweek for youtube to accept them... so I'm puposly tring to keep them short... But it doesn't seem to matter... it still takes youtube a week...

As for the back wall, no, it does not sit against the block wall of the basement. I didn't want any undue pressure against it since the house is old... and you talk to your wife about this tank? Are you helping her to fall asleep or something? LOL What does she think of it? Is she my biggest fan? LOL did she already tell you "NO" ? LOL

How long before you'll be ready for the next water test?

What's the plan with the sump as well? You gonna pond armour that, or just line it with a pond liner sheet?

Seen a few people, mainly with marine, where they split the sump and use part of it as a kind of seperate tank for breeding or acclimatising fish before adding to the main tank.

Butch sent me some more pond armor to work with so I can get the sump lined with it today. It just got here so I’m soaking it in a tub of hot water to warm it up before I start mixing. So I figured since I had an hour to wait for that I’d let you guys know that I did a final measurement on everything The tank, including the sump total 1549.65 gallons. 1549 doesn’t quite roll off the tongue like “800” did. For some reason I think I’ll get used to saying 1500 gal. The sump holds 163.09 gallons when full and the tank holds the difference. Now that’s at idle. When the pump gets plugged in it will draw about 100 gallons or so out of the sump tank in order to run the filter…So do you think it’s fair to call it the 1500? Or should it be the1386? Or should it be the 1486 while it’s running? What do YOU think? Also, some people are interested in the fish I have and what I got at the O.C.A. auction. I’ll load those videos tonight and post them tomorrow. Loading videos slows the computers down to the annoying point similar to the dial up days of the 90’s LOL That’s why videos get posted the next morning…

I will be test filling this evening once more so hopefully that goes well… At any rate thanks for looking!

Shes not my wife... just yet! But now that shes heard you say that..... LOL

No i tell her all about it cause shes interested in all the aquarium things that i do, (shes a good woman lol) and to be honest ive tried to explane to her in the past what i wanted to do for an aquarium in our first floor, and then i stumbled upon you and your tank so i was able to show her and tell her all about what it "could" look like and all the work it entails lol!

Here are the reasons my wife "lets" me do what I do in the basement.

1. When we moved in I told her she could have the rest of the house to decorate and paint whatever color she wanted. All i wanted was the basement!

2. She feels if you truely love someone then why would stand in the way of their dreams, or suppress their hobby. Love what they love she says... It just makes things that much more better.

3. This is the main thing. I don't go out drinking with my friends, I don't do anything illegal and I stay out of trouble. If I didn't have fish I'd be spending a heck of a lot more out at the bars!

This is a message to all the guys out there who tell me how lucky I am and how great my wife is... #1. I know my wife is great, but it's not because she "lets" me keep fish. :D Ok.... well maybe it is.... Show this post to all the wives and husbands holding you back... Thisi s how a relationship should be... I know, I tried it differently once, and it didn't work out too well ;)

ah thats me i used to play darts 5 nights wk ie monday weds, thursday fri and (saturday every two wks )

i give it all up abt 3 years ago as i cldnt keep up two things i love so i gave up the nights out playing darts and coming home drunk lol and spent less on this hubby then i did out with the leds playing darts oh plus i used to go out every other sat with the boys

plus with my heart problems its alot heathy now then i was bk then
yes i still do drink but not much at all thats woman for you and married lol

I just watched your "Cucumber in the 800 gallon aquarium 1"

Listening to your 3 year old so. Hes adorable.

"They are going to get in the car, and drive"
"Its a birthday cake!"

And yeah definitely not bad for a 3 year old lol!

Just made me want to have children even more then i already do.

Nice family, Nice tanks.

it wouldnt let me but i think theres a 30 theres a 30 but it wont let me somthinf about the img

Most reactions

Back