Making My 800 Gal.... Bigger

What are you gonna put that on ?? looks great by the way

Hi folks,
First off, I’m sorry I have not posted lately. My heart has not been in it. I did fill the tank last Friday and everything was fine. An hour later I discovered a major leak and had to drain the tank. The leak was caused by a spot in the pond armor where a piece of fiberglass was left and a bubble of air was trapped behind the pond armor and burst under the pressure thus creating a crack in the pond armor on the floor of the tank. Another leak was discovered in the plumbing and was easily fixed. Actually I’m kind of embarrassed about that because I knew doing it that it was going to be risky. Both the crack and bubble were fixed with very little effort and the tank was again filled Monday night. The weekend was too busy to do it any earlier. This morning I woke to find the tank about an inch and a half low. There seems to be an issue with the floor of the deep end but I have yet to drain the last three inches out of the deep end and clean it to inspect. I’m feeling a bit defeated at the moment so I apologize for the lack of posting. One thing that did lift my spirits was finding out from the water company that it only costs $12.30 to fill the tank. So I’m not feeling so bad wasting the water.

The plan is to work on finding the issue tomorrow and solving it then filling Wednesday morning. Hopefully I will have good news Wednesday evening. Third time’s a charm!

Thank you for following the thread and for all the moral support.

Jonathan

Ps This is a “copy and paste” post and I will gladly get to any and all questions as soon as possible. First priority is to get this figured out. Thanks for understanding.

sorry to hear john to hear that it leaked again
i thought there must of been something wrong as we not heard from you on here or on youtube
in the last couple days we hope it all works out 3rd time lucky as they say

keep up the good work as we all behind you :good:

Well, there’s a few videos about the leak. I had this interesting set of eleven videos of when I first filled the tank… I shot a quick snippet every 15 minutes, but youtube rejected like half of them and I ended up deleting them all… I’ll take pictures every 15 minutes next time, since pictures don’t take fifteen hours to load! LOL

Don't like your job of having to find then cover all those pin prick holes Jon!

Still looking good though!

You gonna put in any substrate etc? Or just leave it with the pond armour? If you are putting in substrate, how you gonna stop it flowing over the edge into the deep part?

There's going to be large gravel, more than likely wash stone of sorts as I'll just get a truck load... But there's going to be a rock wall on the ledge siliconed into place. It'll serve two purposes, one to protect that edge and two to stop the gravel from overflowing... :)

There's going to be large gravel, more than likely wash stone of sorts as I'll just get a truck load... But there's going to be a rock wall on the ledge siliconed into place. It'll serve two purposes, one to protect that edge and two to stop the gravel from overflowing... :)

thats a good idea!

i like how you dont even get to post your own videos any more John lol...were too impatient waiting

hope the patching is going smoothly

thats a good idea!

i like how you dont even get to post your own videos any more John lol...were too impatient waiting

i was on youtube i thought ill look on hes and saw them so after i watched them i thought ill post them lol

just helping out lol
we are to impatient lol

whene your finished with fish in then you need to put like a 20 min video on here lol hate it whene you follow a thread for ages and watch a 30 second video of the finished product

thats a good idea!

i was on youtube i thought ill look on hes and saw them so after i watched them i thought ill post them lol

just helping out lol
we are to impatient lol

lol well thats good thinking...its allows him to have more time to work on the tank lol

Jon, one word for you.

"Webcam!"

lol! We could even check out if your skiving! Need... Big fish tank... Fix..

Liking the vids, the time lapse thing you mentioned sounds like a good idea.

Most reactions

Back