Maidenhead Aquatics

caz_m

Reaction score
Popped in there today to get some fry food. Lady infront bought a new 10g tank that comes with all the bits and bobs.

She said to the chap behind the counter.

Her - If I set it up when I get home, when can I start adding fish?
Chappy - Pop in tomorrow, that should be long enough.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

And people wonder why we, and others get it wrong when it comes to fishless cycling????????

Oh and she asked if she had to do anything to the water and he said "nah, bung some tap water in, needs no treatment"

perhaps she was only going to put goldfish in there,i dont put anything in my goldfish water and i;ve had them 5yrs,my local maidenhead aquatics have signs up all over the place telling ppl not to put fish in the tanks for a cople of weeks

My local Maidenhead aquatics is a great store. They gave me loads of advice when I got my first tank and they gave out information about setting up the tank and cycling, etc (though at the time fishless cycling wasnt something that many knew about).

perhaps she was only going to put goldfish in there,i dont put anything in my goldfish water and i;ve had them 5yrs,my local maidenhead aquatics have signs up all over the place telling ppl not to put fish in the tanks for a cople of weeks

I bet if you started dechlorinating your water, your goldfish would be a lot healthier and happier. :sad:

My local Maidenhead aquatics refuse to sell fish to people who have only just set the tank up. They usually ask the customer to bring a water sample in to be tested to make sure that it's safe to add fish.

Ohhhh Stang1, under you again ;)

OP> I have no connection to Maidenhead Aquatics but I find your comments hard to believe, especially the 2nd one :no:

My local M. A. are a bit short on charisma but they are, on the most part, on the ball :nod:

Also, on the scale of 1-10, most LFS are about number 3 on fishless cycling. It is a relativly new sport to them ;)

I mean, bottle of Ammonia is £1.99. Equal sized bottle of 'Cycle' is £8.99........need I say more :rolleyes:

Sorry, just saying what I heard.

The lady buying the fish was mentioning fish, other than goldfish. Obviously if she WAS buying goldfish, and what you say is right, then I apologise.

Sorry, just saying what I heard.

The lady buying the fish was mentioning fish, other than goldfish. Obviously if she WAS buying goldfish, and what you say is right, then I apologise.

Which store was this at?

Hereford.

I am guessing I should not have posted this. Was just suprised, that's all. Didn't think it could cause any problems.

i was in maidenhead aquatics in st albans and some woman asked for fish so the man got them in the bag then said how long have you had the tank running, so she said 8 days, he said that wasnt long enough so her boyfriend said he had a mollies in there for a few days.
outcome was a 10 minute conversation i was listening in on about when she should add fish, and the woman walked away with her fish.

Well this is the same store that let us take home 6 tetras, when we told them we set our tank up that morning (we knew nothing about cycling then)

*shrugs*

I'm not saying all the staff are rubbish. A couple of them have been very helpful.

I regularly use x3 different branches of Maidenhead Aquatics and if peeps think Maidenhead Aquatics are somehow "above the average" then its not my experience...

look... they are just another LFS and just another LFS who pay very poor salary.... and another LFS who therefore end up with some staff who simply shouldn't be in the fish-keeping / selling business

Everytime you walk into an LFS and ask for advice you taking a chance, i dont care if its Maidenhead Aquatics or "Toms Fish Shop"

Maidenhead Aquatics are nowt special in my experience

Most reactions

Back