Magic Fish Kit

BethK

Rattie tat tat
Reaction score
I was browsing through a website for christmas gift ideas, when I came across this;

Magic fish

Killifish eggs in a magic teabag type thing, you put in water and they hatch.

I've read the comments but are these any good? Will they be healthy or should they be avoided?

I'm only asking, as my friend's soon is into all these scientific kit things and was wondering if this is worth it? He has a 40ltr cycled tank, ready to go and I thought that if this is 'ok', that I would buy him a kit.

Am I just being silly?

I was browsing through a website for christmas gift ideas, when I came across this;

Magic fish

Killifish eggs in a magic teabag type thing, you put in water and they hatch.

I've read the comments but are these any good? Will they be healthy or should they be avoided?

I'm only asking, as my friend's soon is into all these scientific kit things and was wondering if this is worth it? He has a 40ltr cycled tank, ready to go and I thought that if this is 'ok', that I would buy him a kit.

Am I just being silly?

i have seen Killie eggs stored
for over a year and then hatched
to produce the most beautiful fish

so, this shouldn't be an issue then? I just wondered if there would be put if they can be stored and be fine, shouldn't be a prob?

so, this shouldn't be an issue then? I just wondered if there would be put if they can be stored and be fine, shouldn't be a prob?
i shouldn't see a problem with the
fish hatching its just you need
a tank to keep them in i know
you have one but does one come with the
kit its like the gold fish at the fair
scenario

Looks fun Beth reminds me of the "sea monkeys" i bought my son many years ago, they lived for ages.

"sea monkeys" hey now that's taking me
back a bit in fact quite a lot :blink:

sorry of topic

Looks fun Beth reminds me of the "sea monkeys" i bought my son many years ago, they lived for ages.

I used to love sea monkeys but cant remembering them lasting that long.

could they be used a live food?
Lloyd

I know I may sound boring but you can get lots of Killifish eggs on EBAY for around a fiver. :X
Carl

Looks gimmicky but if someone`s into killifish then it`d make them smile :)

The only thing I`d be worried about is that on the advert is says that killifish can be kept with other freshwater fish, some killifish won`t think anything of ripping fins off of a Betta so I hope your friend does some homework on them first ;)

Check out my Nothobranchius rachovii article in the Killifish section, these eggs were hatched from so called stock
Regards
C

Thanks.

He has a cycled tank, no other fish. He did have goldfish in it but after I explained to my mate (his mum) about goldfish etc, she took them to a LFS.

A tank doesn't come with the kit.

Sea-monkeys are brime shrimp, horrible looking things, aren't they :lol:

sea monkeys are not the same as brine shrimp they are the same appearance wise but sea monkeys can live in tap water where as brine shrimp need brackish to very salty water.
whay not get your friend some triop eggs if you get the right kit you get triops longitudus (sorry spelling) sea monkeys water fleas clam shrimp all in a bag full of detrius its like a natural cycle and can substain thereselves water fleas eat algea brine shrimp will eat algea and detrius and the triops will eat them lol.argos do a nice small kit chuck the tank or keep it as a very small emergancy spare and put the eggs in a cycled tank they start off small live for about 90 days are hermaphridite and will breed befor they dye and are stunning prehistoric creatures if the MAGIC fish is the way you want to go buy some from tailand off ebay about 10 quid with p+p for roughly 50 killi eggs and thousands of bbs eggs.but to raise them will need to read up on them.hope this is informative if anything lol doubt it though.
regards
spike
p.s where did all the bettas go??????
cichlids now ay lol i have a pair of kribensis in with my golden loach 3 golden panchax and betta.
plus they all love the new 98ltr tank i brought for them.in there element over the moon

Most reactions

Back