Made a rescue, probably shouldnt have

Peacock bass actually make good gamefish. I've seen a lot of fishing shows with guys in the amazon who catch 2 foot 15 lb peacock's...I've always wanted to go fishing for them.

Very nice CFC...how do you think the blind one is going to do in a tank full of predators ? Maybe a better pic of the blind one :D

ÐR

qwikimpss said:
Peacock bass actually make good gamefish. I've seen a lot of fishing shows with guys in the amazon who catch 2 foot 15 lb peacock's...I've always wanted to go fishing for them.
[snapback]881373[/snapback]​
They have also been stocked in lakes and canals throughout South Florida.
Here's a cool site:
http://www.flpeacockbass.com/

Cool fish, CFC! :thumbs:

That title nearly made me choke on my drink :p

Awesome fish CFC, hope they recover well :thumbs:

DD

They're fantastic CFC! Very impressive!
I'm a little disappointed about not getting to pick on you for coming to the betta dark side, though ;)

:rofl: that made me laugh ! CFC & Bettas ? :rofl:

Well done :cool:

lol i thought you had fallen ill with a topic title like that, certainly got more replies than usual though!! have to try it next time :whistle:

they look gorgeous though, what an excellent find aswell, would love it if a customer brought in something interesting for a change.

Awesome fish CFC! :D Almost had me with the title..I was like :blink:

Paul_MTS said:
they look gorgeous though, what an excellent find aswell, would love it if a customer brought in something interesting for a change.
[snapback]882105[/snapback]​

I totally agree...Would make a nice change from always getting plecs that have outgrown someones tank in at where I work too!

lol i thought you had fallen ill with a topic title like that, certainly got more replies than usual though!! have to try it next time

Yeah, 18 replies not including my own from over 400 views isnt bad as far as pictures of my fish goes :lol: I can only imagine the disapointment most people have felt when they havent seen a picture of bag of wet tissue, i mean betta. :rofl:

CFC said:
lol i thought you had fallen ill with a topic title like that, certainly got more replies than usual though!! have to try it next time

Yeah, 18 replies not including my own from over 400 views isnt bad as far as pictures of my fish goes :lol: I can only imagine the disapointment most people have felt when they havent seen a picture of bag of wet tissue, i mean betta. :rofl:
[snapback]882277[/snapback]​

Hey now, hey now!!!!!! That's enough of that, Mister!

They're both gorgeous monstrosities....right up your alley B)

wuvmybetta said:
CFC said:

[snapback]882277[/snapback]​
Hey now, hey now!!!!!! That's enough of that, Mister!

They're both gorgeous monstrosities....right up your alley B)
[snapback]882694[/snapback]​
Alright you two! Don't make me pull the car over! ;)
(If ever there were two excellent, yet more completely different fishkeepers, I don't think I've met them...) :)

Back on topic, I just wanted to point out that it takes one bad catfish to beat 2 peacock bass into submission. Then I read this quote from Practical Fishkeeping: "The Helicopter catfish, Wallago attu, weighs as much as seven Jack Russell terriers or 45,000 Neon tetras when it's fully grown."

Why in the world do people put a fish that reaches 2m and weighs 100lbs into a fishtank? :crazy:

Why in the world do people put a fish that reaches 2m and weighs 100lbs into a fishtank?

Maybe they are allergic to animal fur and need a guard dog?

Actually i have no idea either, the true giants should be left where they belong, in the wild.

Excellent Fish CFC. I went and had a look at some pics of a Wallago attu and found this: I definately wouldn't put my hand in a tank with one of these!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

5.jpg

Most reactions

Back