LOTR books...

The Goonies!! Have you seen it? Sean Austin was the main character and he was just a kid then...It came out in 1985... It is a Total Classic and a MUST SEE if you haven't already. One of my favorite movies growing up!!
1591820891931.png

The Goonies!! Have you seen it? Sean Austin was the main character and he was just a kid then...It came out in 1985... It is a Total Classic and a MUST SEE if you haven't already. One of my favorite movies growing up!!
View attachment 106627
Great movie

View attachment 106627
Never seen it before! I only things I remember him from, were Rudy and Deep Impact. :rofl:

View attachment 106627

The Goonies is a good movie. I've seen it several times.

Also, I love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I read The Hobbit when I was 10 and I enjoyed every last page. I was sad when it was over. Then I started The Lord of The Rings about a year later. It took me a little longer to get through it because the English was harder to understand, but I still loved it.
You absolutely have to read The Hobbit first because it establishes several important characters that you need to know for the Lord of the Rings. Plus, as I said, it's a great story!

After I read the book, I never watched the movie again, I'm surprise by how stupid movie Frodo was :dunno:and they didnt even include Tom Bombadil

@PheonixKingZ also after you finished these you have to read Silmarillion, it made my head dizzy
I think that the movie Frodo was just fine personally. I think Peter Jackson did an amazing job capturing the essence and spirit of the books. You have to realize that the scope of Tolkien's books is astronomical, and it would have been impossible for Jackson to have included every plot line and character in the movies. In my opinion, Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job with the movies.

I think that the movie Frodo was just fine personally. I think Peter Jackson did an amazing job capturing the essence and spirit of the books. You have to realize that the scope of Tolkien's books is astronomical, and it would have been impossible for Jackson to have included every plot line and character in the movies. In my opinion, Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job with the movies.
The only thing I really want is The scouring of the Shire.

A movie can NEVER be exactly like a book. They are two completely different medias. In my opinion, books are more powerful than movies because so much is left up to your imagination, and our imaginations can create things in our minds that a movie could never do justice... Our imaginations are far more fantastical. Also, a book can easily cover vast periods of time seamlessly, while a movie can struggle to cover large periods of time, so often times things just have to be cut out. I am not sure why Jackson chose to not include the scourge of the Shire. It would have been neat to see. But all said and done, I think that if Tolkien were alive today, he would have approved of Jackson's work.

A movie can NEVER be exactly like a book. They are two completely different medias. In my opinion, books are more powerful than movies because so much is left up to your imagination, and our imaginations can create things in our minds that a movie could never do justice... Our imaginations are far more fantastical. Also, a book can easily cover vast periods of time seamlessly, while a movie can struggle to cover large periods of time, so often times things just have to be cut out. I am not sure why Jackson chose to not include the scourge of the Shire. It would have been neat to see. But all said and done, I think that if Tolkien were alive today, he would have approved of Jackson's work.
Agree, anyway I still want to get more money to buy the Sting from this toy store, I already have Anduril on my fish tank.

Attachments

• E5459EF8-7650-48FF-BC1E-1953910A3966.jpeg
    E5459EF8-7650-48FF-BC1E-1953910A3966.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 47

Most reactions

Back