Long Winded 8 Ft Tank Thread

Not much too say really, the wood is still soaking in a vat in the garden, the pot's days are numbered, the clown loaches ahve found the airlines that run under the gravel and dug them up, they will get reburied when the wood goes in.
Most of the Java Fern has been consigned to the bin, it was releasing loads of baby plants, which would then clog up the filter intakes and the Wave maker, so it had to go. Clown loaches are hiding until 8pm, when they come out and try to tell me it;s 9pm and feeding time LOL

I just love looking in your tanks they seem so peaceful and mine at the min is quite boisterous the sooner I get my 400 up and running the better :)

meandmykribs said:
I just love looking in your tanks they seem so peaceful and mine at the min is quite boisterous the sooner I get my 400 up and running the better
smile.png

It does sometimes kick off, if a smaller clown loach decides to go into "HER" plant pot, all hell breaks loose then, fortunately, nearly all of them know not to go into that pot

Hahaha she is the Queen and you will obey :)

My kribs are like that at the min and my biggest angel has decided he is the boss (grumpy old man more like ;) ) so all go in both tanks for now

HOLY! beautiful! How much did all of this cost you? :D

omega59 said:
HOLY! beautiful! How much did all of this cost you?
biggrin.png
 Not a clue, but Lots

The tank build on site was £1240, plumber £750, radiator cover £210, filters are about £300 each plus media, extension leads, light chokes, light bulbs and reflectors, air pumps, light rack, U.V. light, Eheim Installation kits - 4x inlet and 4x outlet and tons of extensions, Fluval e300's x2, gravel, pots,probably £4,000 in total, BUT, I sold 2 bass guitars for £3100, which only cost me about £460, so in real terms, it cost me about £1500, even though £4k went out the door :)

meandmykribs said:
Ooooh I never add up what I spent think I would cry hahaha

LOL, I know what you mean.

I was due to buy a guitar off someone last week, had the money sat right there waiting for him to reply, no answer after about a week, so I spent £250 of the money, £160 of that was for a new Fluval e200, fluval 306, eheim prefilter and eheim installation kits for my son Brandon's Juwel 125, looks great now though,

Then the guitar seller contacted me !!!!!!! bought the guitar too :)

sounds just like me haha except the guitars are my hubbys :)
Keeps him sweet when I spend money on me fish ;)

absolutely love your tank! it looks incredible!

awesome tank! I have to stick with my little 10 gal size while I finish my doctorate .... but someday I hope to have a much larger tank (probably not anywhere near as big as yours though)

Lorne said:
Sorry about the dirty glass, darn kids LOL

Blackmailed Clown Loaches with Algea wafers, still not easy to take pictures of 'em, and you only get a few of them out at one time

Haha, I love the fat clown loach! :D

I used to have 3 clowns for over 7 years , they used  to fight some nights when the lights went off and all you could here was loud clickin noises

Most reactions

Back