Long Winded 8 Ft Tank Thread

Lorne said:
It's my thread, so, Don't skip Uni, it's an order!
laugh.png

Yes, boss!

Lorne said:
I chose gravel as sand is a pain to keep clean, and the roots of the plants have something to grab hold of to prevent the bigger clowns accidently knocking them over

Don't you find gravel more annoying though, all the dirt gets deeper and it takes longer to clean. With sand it all stays on the surface :)

That's one of the reasons I prefer sand!

Joshwainwright said:
I chose gravel as sand is a pain to keep clean, and the roots of the plants have something to grab hold of to prevent the bigger clowns accidently knocking them over

Don't you find gravel more annoying though, all the dirt gets deeper and it takes longer to clean. With sand it all stays on the surface
smile.png

That's one of the reasons I prefer sand!

You have to remember, I have 27 Clown Loaches in there, 3 of which are at least 10" long, 2x 5" Flying foxes, and several large Hoplosternums in there, there is a LOT of tail power in there, the sand would be constantly flying around and going into the filters, I would soon have no sand in the tank and clogged filters LOL

that is true but im not sure :D sand would still look cool haha :D but each to there own :D tank looks amazing sand or no sand :D so jealous of those loaches haha

Lorne, if your filter intake is just a few inches off the surface of the sand that wouldn't be a problem. 
biggrin.png

This Old Spouse said:
Lorne, if your filter intake is just a few inches off the surface of the sand that wouldn't be a problem. 
biggrin.png

There are 3 filter intakes, just about at the surface of the Gravel

Zikofski said:
that is true but im not sure
biggrin.png
sand would still look cool haha
biggrin.png
but each to there own
biggrin.png
tank looks amazing sand or no sand
biggrin.png
so jealous of those loaches haha

The Clown Loaches are going to have their noses put out of joint soon, I am going to be removing 2 of the pots, as they never really use them, ungrateful gits, there's £70 I'll never see again!!

I have 4 large pieces of bogwood soaking in a water tank in the garden, those will be replacing the pots

Sorry about the dirty glass, damn kids LOL

Blackmailed Clown Loaches with Algea wafers, still not easy to take pictures of 'em, and you only get a few of them out at one time

Great aquarium Lorne :) would it be fair to say that tropical fish play a large part in your life :p

KirkyArcher said:
Great aquarium Lorne
smile.png
would it be fair to say that tropical fish play a large part in your life
tongue2.gif

Thanks, they do take a lot of my money, that and guitars, there are 9 tanks currently running in the house, although 6 of those are for Synodontis Petricola's.

Still, that's less than the amount of guitars and basses in the house LOL

Have just sat and read through this whole thread...........

WOW!!!!!

Fantastic job
good.gif

wub.png

Just bought another Eheim 2076e filter, filter media and Installation kits for this tank, now finding the time to remove the lid to alter it to fit the filter to the tank, so in the near future, there will be 4x Eheim 2076e filters running on the tank
smile.png

Most reactions

Back