Little Simon and Petey

What a horrendous evening that was for you :/

Well done for the rescue of at least 3 bettas and especially the 2 that were put together. I can't even begin to comment on that it makes me so mad :grr:

I hope simon makes it, am sending healing vibes his way :flex:

You are a saint, you made his fast few hours as comfortable as you possibly could, dont feel bad, its a shame he died but there was nothing else you could have done

:thumbs:

So sorry to hear he didn't make it but at least he knew that somebody cared enough to take him out of a horrible situation and love him for the little time that you had him for :rip: Simon

The worst part of it all is that he looked just like little Amos.
He turned the same creamy pink color last night that Amos did the night before he died, and I just knew his time was almost up. It was like the night from hell replaying all over again. :(

Oh bettamomma, i'm so sorry about Simon. :-( At least he was loved in the end.
That guy had better be glad it wasn't me at that wedding or I would've screamed at him until his ears bled. Everyone within a ten mile radius would've known what I thought about him. :< :angry:

:rip:

Yeah - if this guy wouldn't have been someone my boyfriend knew from before, when we were on our way out and it was just the 3 of us and Simon and Petey out on the patio, I would have let him have it. I guess also I just didn't want everyone to remember the wedding for the crazy psychotic woman who went ballistic over "just a fish".

I'm pretty content in knowing that there's a place in the afterlife for lowlife scum who mistreat animals. I'm pretty sure it's a place where the animals rule, like people do here, and every instance of mistreatment that a person gives to an animal, the person is punished tenfold.

And I went out and bought another betta over lunch in honor of Simon. He's very angelic looking. It seemed like it was the right thing to do. It made me feel a little bit better, but I'm still pretty depressed. It is such a horribly sad thing to watch them deteriorating and know there's not much you can do.

Poor little guy.

:grr: I probably wouldn't have wanted to make a scene as well at the wedding and all. I probably would have followed him home. :whistle: :flex: Haha. I am sure Simon had a wonderful time with you! And you did all you could, really. :thumbs:

BM, honestly, what better gift could you give a dying animal who had been so mistreated than to take him home with you, to let him to know the he was not dying unloved, that he would be safe now until he died, and to make him as comfortable as you possibly can? That is one of the most humane, merciful, and upright things a person can ever do for a dying animal. You gave him the chance to die with dignity, and without feeling alone in the world.

Some people may say that it makes no difference, that they don't know the difference, but they do. They have the capacity to know that at least a little.

You did everything that it was possible to do. You shouldn't feel so sad that he's gone, because you did give him the greatest gift of his life.

Yeah, you're right. How very true.
I do feel good knowing that he didn't get left behind there on that table to just suffer along with the other fish. Speaking of the other one, I wonder if that poor guy made it.

What an awful thing to happen, i don't no why people wan't fish at there weddings, i couldn't enjoy myself noing a fish was dying or sick, i would of slapped him if it was me, then adding drink to the bowl aswell, what can you say disgraceful behavour, how many do you think died bettamomma.

Well, I did see lots of women running around gathering the fish up shortly before the dance started - if there was an unattended table, they grabbed them - and I'm sure they had really good intentions for them. At the end of the night, the only ones left on the tables were Petey (he was on our table all night - I watched him like a hawk) and these 2 other fish. So, if the other blue boy that fought with Simon died, then the count is 2 for sure, and who knows how many other ones got taken home and the new owners just didn't know how to treat them.

But as far as I know - the ones I separated were the only ones that were severely mistreated.

I'm so sorry to hear about Simon, BM. :rip: Rest in Peace, little boy.

That sig of yours really has some meaning to it:

After a big storm, a thousand starfish had washed ashore from the ocean. A man walked along the beach tossing them back into the ocean one by one. Another man asked "Why even bother - you can't possibly throw them all back in." The man replied as he tossed another starfish back into the ocean, "I made a difference to that one."

You can bet you made a difference to Simon. :)

Bless you BettaMomma. You did make a difference.

I hate how stupid and insensitive people can be...

Stupid people shouldn't breed.

This world would be alot better if they didn't...

Most reactions

Back