Lights and plants

So would you say buy another 10 pots or so
If we are talking about the amazon frogbit, mine started multiplying quite quickly. I got 2 pots and now my 180L tank is covered with them, and I also have used some of them in a back up tank.

Ah so maybe I don’t need any more the they should multiply?

The plants in the ring look as though they are tangled up together. Did you separate the individual plants?

Frogbit won't stay in the small ring, it will take over. I regularly threw handfuls away when I had frogbit. This grew from one pot, the surface of this tank is 107 x 45 cm.

Attachments

• Frogbit in main tank.jpg
    Frogbit in main tank.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 23
I didn’t no I just took it out the put and put it in whole, is that wrong

If you want them to float properly, each individual plant needs to be separated from the clump and put onto the water surface. They'll quickly cover the tank, 1 plant deep, then if they aren't thinned out they'll grow several cm deep which blocks the light from the lower plants. I had to throw away handfuls almost every week to make sure there was some exposed water surface.

I have red root floater now and that grows as fast as the frogbit did. I have to throw away handfuls of that weekly as well.

Ok maybe I will take them back out and separate them

Do you think I need any more plants in or do you think that looks about as much as I need on the bottom

could I put a x Willisii we’re the Cory is we’re I have a drawing a red ring that will grow up round the wood

Or anything else I could put there

Attachments

• IMG_9867.jpeg
    IMG_9867.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 22

Most reactions

Back