Lids

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a 20 gallon and I am trying to find out how much it will cost for everything I want. I am trying to find a good lid but I can’t really find one. I want to get a 20 gallon long but with the filter how will any of the lids even fit?? I want a clear one so I can have a good light for plants that can shine through the plastic or glass or whatever. Anyone have any recommendations?? Thanks!!!

Ok thank you I have never thought of that. I am not sure if I have a glass shop nearby but I’ll have to look and I might be able to just do a plastic lid that I cut myself.

I am thinking about getting a 20 gallon and I am trying to find out how much it will cost for everything I want. I am trying to find a good lid but I can’t really find one. I want to get a 20 gallon long but with the filter how will any of the lids even fit?? I want a clear one so I can have a good light for plants that can shine through the plastic or glass or whatever. Anyone have any recommendations?? Thanks!!!
Aqueon glass lids have a strip of vinyl fitted on the back part that you can cut to fit equipment.

Not sure what kind of acrylic you are using but I have had an acrylic lid on my tank for about 6 months (1/4”thick) custom made on my laser. I haven’t noticed any warping.

Not sure what kind of acrylic you are using but I have had an acrylic lid on my tank for about 6 months (1/4”thick) custom made on my laser. I haven’t noticed any warping.
Oh, mine was plexiglass. Is that same or different?

It still completely blows my mind you Americans have to buy your tank and lid separately 🤯 what a joke! Absolute nonsense 🧐 don't get me started...

We are a strange group, aren’t we? We can get kits but they charge so much for mostly cheap things that need to be replaced or tossed out.

It's extortion is what it is. It's like buying a pair of trainers (sneakers) but having to pay extra for the laces

What-meme-12129.jpg

If you use Perspex (acrylic) covers, put some ribs on the top to stop it sagging. Ribs are simply strips of acrylic that are glued to the cover to support it.

If you get coverglass from a glazier or pet shop, get covers that are 4, 5 or 6mm thick because they are less likely to chip or crack compared to 2 or 3mmm thick covers normally sold at pet shops. Ask the glazier to sand/ smooth the edges down so you don't cut yourself.

Most reactions

Back