Latest Pic Of My Nano

Discus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
this is the latest pic of my tank.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8961806@N05/612284141/

it now has 4Kg of Live Rock what do you think?

Any Thoughts Good :hyper: or Bad :unsure: gratefully accepted :good:

I just thought id add you can reach all the glass and the water can flow freely between the rocks

Also the Temp is due to me just moving around the LR and adding some RO water

Ollie ;)

I liked it better when it was like this:
560552358_9dee3e1a1b.jpg

Flow should be fine either way.

I liked it better when it was like this:
560552358_9dee3e1a1b.jpg

Flow should be fine either way.

Me to, but I needed more live rock, I will try and get that shape back, but I now have 3 Large pieces which are really hard to shape into a good structure.

Ollie

Hi guys I will tackle that tomorrow, if I were to prop it against one wall would this create problems with circulation, I understand that I would not be-able to clean the wall. This would give more swimming space and a better ability to display corals, what do you guys think?

Ollie

Hi guys I will tackle that tomorrow, if I were to prop it against one wall would this create problems with circulation, I understand that I would not be-able to clean the wall. This would give more swimming space and a better ability to display corals, what do you guys think?

Ollie

Ok guys I have changed it again :rolleyes: , this time to stay :shifty: . It has lots of shelves to put corals on :good: , it also has lots of swimming space.

Pic one
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8961806@N05/629594574/

Pic two
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8961806@N05/6...in/photostream/

What do you guys think, also can you put guttering in a fist tank? it may be to late :huh: I have sterilized it with Boiling water...

Thanks

Ollie

LOOKING GOOD MATE! Plastic guttering is fine, providing its been sterilised.

I'm just contemplating starting out with a nano as my first marine venture, but to be honest can find no hard and fast answers.

All I want is a low maintainance tank, with some live rock, and just to see what grows (add some inverts later - no interest in fish really). So I have a small tank - but what are the miimum technological requirements? and what are the cheapest products. Also about salt etc. and other additives, whats the minimum ammount of stuff I need?

Any help/pointers (straight answers) you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

LOOKING GOOD MATE! Plastic guttering is fine, providing its been sterilised.

I'm just contemplating starting out with a nano as my first marine venture, but to be honest can find no hard and fast answers.

All I want is a low maintainance tank, with some live rock, and just to see what grows (add some inverts later - no interest in fish really). So I have a small tank - but what are the miimum technological requirements? and what are the cheapest products. Also about salt etc. and other additives, whats the minimum ammount of stuff I need?

Any help/pointers (straight answers) you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My tank is:
Glass Tank
Power head this must shift at least 10 times the litres of your tank per hour, mine is 700 LPH on a 30 Litre tank you can get them for around 10 pounds
Heater
Lights I have 50/50s which are 10,000K+Blue these cost me 20 pounds but you might not need quite are powerful ones
Live Rock about 1Kg per 2 Gallons this can be as cheap as 9 pounds but it is best going for the most expensive stuff in the end
I have live sand, this is up to you
Salt The best you can buy, I bought cheaper stuff which is apparently no good for Inverts (we will see)
Test kits:
Nitrate
Ammonia
pH
RO water is a must have, I treat mine with Tropic Marin Re-mineral This adds to the stability of your water by adding the minerals the RO dosent have.
Hydrometer to test Salt levels

I got most of my stuff from www.stm-shop.co.uk , its realy cheap and seems to work realy well.

Thats about it.... I think :rolleyes:

I am only very very new to the hobby so please dont take my words a final :rolleyes: but I hope I have helped you slightly :good:

Ollie

Hi guys I have just added my first fish having spoken to my LFS, its a Yellow Goby. It seems to have settled in realy well. will get some pics of it soon.

Ollie

p.s. any other thoughts on the tank?

looking good, is it a watchman goby?

what testers do you have then?

The Goby is a Yellow Clown, it was sold as a Yellow goby its Yellow Clown Goby :thumbs: .

I test:
Nitrate=0
Ammonia=0
pH=8.2 need to get this up .1

Ollie :good:

Most reactions

Back