Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 2

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
daizeUK said:
I'm very reluctant to bleach.  I bleached my quarantine tank to deal with mould and the quarantined fish looked very unhappy in there.  Later I had some fry die when I kept them in there overnight.
I think it will be okay if I don't bleach the new tank, it was stood in someone's garage for a long time, the bottles and test kits were all out of date by at least 6 years so it'll be that long since they were used!

That long! Wow, definitely  no need to bleach it then.
That's a shame about your quarantine tank :/

I think before I read that you were worried about there being an ich outbreak?
If you're still worried about that, I think the likely hood of that happening in your tank is very low, if the tank has been in storage for that amount of time, the ich parasite would be well and truly gone!
Always good to have medication on hand though - if it's still in date :p

Haha no it is well out of date, expired about 2007!  I stopped worrying about ich once I realised how long since it had been used!
The copper treatment might still be a problem, though.

I've made a mistake already.  The wooden cabinet was filthy with garage dust and mice droppings so I used Flash detergent to give it a good clean.  Then I absent-mindedly started cleaning the light fittings with Flash solution too.... damn stupid thing to do.  The water will condense on it and drip back down into the tank carrying surfactants and detergent with it.  I've rinsed the fitting several times but I'm still not happy. :/

Tennant was my first exposure to "The Doctor", so he's my favorite.  I liked Eccelson, but not the guy that followed Tennant.

My favorite's McCoy., with Tom Baker a close second.

daizeUK said:
Haha no it is well out of date, expired about 2007!  I stopped worrying about ich once I realised how long since it had been used!
The copper treatment might still be a problem, though.

I've made a mistake already.  The wooden cabinet was filthy with garage dust and mice droppings so I used Flash detergent to give it a good clean.  Then I absent-mindedly started cleaning the light fittings with Flash solution too.... darn stupid thing to do.  The water will condense on it and drip back down into the tank carrying surfactants and detergent with it.  I've rinsed the fitting several times but I'm still not happy.
confused.gif

Hmm, it might be. But I reckon if you add the inverts several months after the tank is set up and running then after all of the water changes that have been done in the mean time, there will be very little, if any, copper left.

Oh no! 
Might just have to rinse it heaps and hope for the best :/
If worst comes to worst, you might have to replace the fitting :/

I hope not, a replacement would cost £80-90... nearly as much as I paid for the tank!

eaglesaquarium said:
Tennant was my first exposure to "The Doctor", so he's my favorite.  I liked Eccelson, but not the guy that followed Tennant.
The guy after tennant was Matt smith. I liked him.

daizeUK said:
I hope not, a replacement would cost £80-90... nearly as much as I paid for the tank!

Wow, that much!
Hope you don't have to replace it then!

Does anybody know why my albino corys would have black bellies? All of them have it.

What are you feeding them?

I'm feeding them tropical flakes and they have play sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back