Keeping Veggies Down ?

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to keep cucumber courgette ect down with out it floating ?

silly question i know lol :p

I use terracotta weights that come with plants. Might be worth asking your lfs if they have any spare.

I use the non toxic lead weight used for weighing down plants

You can also buy veggie clips. They are basically the same type clips you use to close a bag of chips but with suction cups to attach to the tank walls. With cucumbers or zuchinni, you can also cut them into strips and "plant" them in the substrate.

Could probably just break off the screw part of a wine opener. Just beware of the sharp ends that could injure a fish.

i will go and see what i can find lying around my cupboards i just file the sharp bit down to make it a little blunter or add sum rubber to the ends

What I use is a clothes peg... put the piece of veggie in the end, and then tie a piece of string around it that is attached to something heavy (like a piece of cutlery).

The easiest way I have used to feed vegetables is to spear he veggie with a stainless steel fork and toss the whole thing in the tank. When the fish or snails are done, it is easy to reach in and retrieve the fork.

I bought some weights you use on the end of a fishing line and from there used fishing line and the weight to hold it down. It works out really well.

I use a fork - my BN plec and RTS clean up a piece of zuchinni in a night and then I just retrieve the fork and reload.

yep its a fork for me as well cant understand why ppl buy these screwcumbers lol
scot :)

Most reactions

Back