Kane's Nano............

Nice to see you on the other forum Tina..lots from up yer way on there,lol...
I've been lucky and had no problem with her at all...apparently the males are more bolshy however and look completely different from the females as well.
Some report them to nip corals, like most angels, but this girl is a litttle angel. Also no major aggression from her either, occasional tail wagging, cichlid style, between her and the flame but apart from this she is fine.
Males are much larger, hitting up to 18cm, and are white and yellow in comparison to their stunning little ladies and seem to be seen less often, although a few have bred these swallowtails now using 2 to 1 harems.
Watch their swimming in shop b4 purchase though..if swimming is laboured or swimm in a head up or down poition then ignore it and look for another. This is caused on collection by being brought to the surface too quickly and is hard to rectify once caused.

I am thinking about one for the larger tank when I get it.

Andrew has seen some fish he likes, am having a lot of trouble with him though as he seems to like alot of angels such as the emporer that change colouring as they grow.

He does like the lipstick tang, really likes that so it looks like that one is a definate. Need to stock around that now.

Yeah, I joined up as the new found fish shop in Oldham is a sponser. Want to know about new stock and specials asap. :lol:

Good site for that as lots of sponsors are up there and regularly post pics of current stock...most of my tank came from sponsors there and always lots of frags flying around on there.
Lipsticks are stunning big tangs..i have the volume here but not the tank length to suit aany of the big guys..purple sailfins are my soft spot!!
Great when your partner gets the bug but, better than the complaining about costs many listen to,lol....only prob is then they know the real prices as well and you can't get off with the classic.."pet it only cost a tenner!!!"

Couple of update pics.....

IMGP7237.jpg

Bush opening better now

IMGP7244.jpg

Frag filling out nicely too

IMGP7249.jpg

FEED ME !!!!.......opened for feed

Just had to move scallop into big tank as every time it jetted across the nano it turned it into a snow scene of coral sand,lol...have enough of that in there from the goby already

Too quick i'd say,lol...new upgrade for it going to come quicker than I expected !! Also xenia frags from my tank now needing thinned out in there too as it spreads like a weed in there.

Slight change to lay out as I got a lovely algaed over piece of rock today from a tank breakdown. Damsel and emerald crab will love this I hope....

Frag(gle) Rock....
DSCF2036.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

Sand bed now covered almost completely in an attempt to stop the goby showering the tank with sand and will be used as a zoa frag garden I hope..

Dave they eventually took to the xenia after destroying the polyp tree, trying to host in it...and who said fish are smart??....male clown now tries to force feed flake to the xenia at each feed,lol....rushing into it and pushing flake into the tips causing them to retract. Stupid but fun to watch,lol...

Ps...big c, forgot to say ..your clowns here are PSYCHOS !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only do I get attacked and bitten every time I go into it, the female now jumps out of the water just to get in an extra bite as I pull my hand out !!!!
There was me worried about adding a lion in a small tank when I had to work in it !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Soon he hopes,lol....
Making space when t'other half arrives soon from france will be the first hurdle then deciding just how big it will be

They did that from day one with me M8. best get used to it you big jessie. They sure stand they're ground :lol:

Most reactions

Back