Just Made A "tree"

@Lunar Jetman: There was vallis but I yanked it out because it was looking crappy. 

@frapadoodle: the tree stays. 
tongue2.gif

@Gidge: I know the tree just looks like a stick with moss on it now, but I'm waiting for the moss to attach before I trim the heck out of it. The branch is just to interesting to toss! I was kind of going for the "lone tree" kind of look ... 

And I like your other ideas. Like I said, I'm waiting for some funds so I can buy more plants. I like the look of the left side too, and think it will shape up nicely when things start growing UP.

Like I said, there is def potential there, just need a few adjustments when you're ready
smile.png

tankedit.png

I tried to replicate the Vallis growing to the surface and bending over the tree etc. Also thought it would be a pretty neat idea, to have the vallis slanting in length the closer it got to your 'Lone Tree'

I'm glad :) Might give you something to work with when you're able to get some plants! Happy to be of help. 

And by the way, I do have a black background.
w00t.gif
  I'm seriously thinking of painting the back on this one. I've always hated the way it looks.

I noticed that when I took your pic into pain. Silly me!! I've always been so hesitant about painting the back of my tank. What if I change my mind!?

Yeah, I've thought that, too ... plus what happens when you scratch it? But my thought is that I'd only ever have one of two colors for the back ... black or dark blue ... and black is really the better of the two for me. I know it would look worlds better than the cheap plastic background that's there now. Yech. 
sick.gif

So I just moved over all the hairgrass from my 55g to the tiger tank, plus a vallis. I wish amazon swords did well in this tank because I have several in my other two tanks. 

I guess for now I'll leave things be and see how it develops.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I know this isnt going to help in anyway......but im loving your MS Paint work. 
winner.gif

You know, the more I look at this the more I think that the vallis will detract from the "lonesome" aspect of the tree. I might try some behind the wood on the left. Hmm. 

I agree with the vallis on the left side of the tank.  

OR...

I think Ive got it....  try building up the right side of the tank, more substrate or a couple bigger rocks or something, then put the tree on the top. That will give it the height that it needs and help to make it stand out more.  Whattaya think?

Okay, fun with Photoshop.

treetankmockup_zps2d7a17fe.jpg

And a dream of what the tree will eventually look like!

mosstree_zps8af0fffa.jpg

I do like those looks, but a tad stark for me.

Did you see that I mounted the tree on a six-inch rock? The top of the tree is now just below the water surface.

No! I didn't notice that, but I think it looks much better. I know what you mean about the starkness, I always love the look of these tanks and tried it in mine when I first set it up, but it wasn't enough for me. I think the vallis will def. help, it has a great feel to it. I'd go with the italian vallis :)

Most reactions

Back