Jellybean Parrot Fish

Perhaps the ones you're getting are in fact just squished cons but mine aren't. They are quite differant. The entire body shape is differant. I've kept both. In fact I have both now. I've also cross bred them and the babies that come out are not either fish. They are somewhere in between. I really don't want to start an arguement about this as it's really not important. Can we agree to disagree and do what we can to help a few fry survive ;) ?

Perhaps the ones you're getting are in fact just squished cons but mine aren't. They are quite differant. The entire body shape is differant. I've kept both. In fact I have both now. I've also cross bred them and the babies that come out are not either fish. They are somewhere in between. I really don't want to start an arguement about this as it's really not important. Can we agree to disagree and do what we can to help a few fry survive ;) ?

We are talking about this fish yes?
Picture_565.sized.jpg

Because its just a stubby version of this, anyone can see that.
convict4.jpg

As for the fry im sure the next attempt will be a bit more successful.

I said I didn't want to fight. You can call them whatever you want as long as you aren't selling them as convicts I don't give a flip. I'm done now. I'll not revisit the thread.

I said I didn't want to fight. You can call them whatever you want as long as you aren't selling them as convicts I don't give a flip. I'm done now. I'll not revisit the thread.

I dont although my lfs does ;)

i dont know what your talking about lol but yea i'd do anything to have a few fry survive i dont need 100 fish here :D

ok thanks for the comments, i've always thought that Jellybeans were a mix of convict and parrot, im only 17 i don't know much about them and i dont wanna fight over it lol thats stupid but valleyrich thanks for the help, you seem to know a lot! i appreciate it :good:

Jellybeans might be stubby bodied convicts, or they might be parrot X convict hybrid.. unless you know where they came from, you could have either.

ok thanks for the comments, i've always thought that Jellybeans were a mix of convict and parrot, im only 17 i don't know much about them and i dont wanna fight over it lol thats stupid but valleyrich thanks for the help, you seem to know a lot! i appreciate it :good:

No problem hunni. I'll help when and where I can. Good luck with your babies. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine! :drinks:

:D MY jellybeans had babies again! i didnt even know my female was pregnant, three days ago i looked into my tank and there was little babies wiggling around and right now their all in my little house in the tank swimming around but the mothers not letting them go to far lol, i took the male out though this time just incase he would eat them, there must be about 100 babies in there!! who knows when i put the male back in??

I wouldnt risk putting the male back in for a while as the female will not see him as a threat to the fry.You probably should have just left him in.

i disagre the male the chances of one of them eating the fry is more likley then if one is out...

Convicts make great parents and its rare for them to eat their fry once they have had a batch or two.It will just cause problems with putting them back together.

Most reactions

Back