Jack's Marine Adventure!

good news on the clown front. TSB is on my fish wish list too, il be watching how yours gets on with interest.

just a tip for everybody, NEVER USE BARDILLS! theyre the worst LFS ive ever had to deal with! i got a replacement but theyre trying to say that my nitrite and nitrate are high! my kits read 0 and so do my mates! theyre using nutrafin test kits.

im so peed off! this guy was in their talking bull crap to my parents whilst i was getting so wound up and angry. he was saying that because my tanks new i will get nitrite and nitrate for the first 6 months so i cant add fish in that period! BULL ####

he also said that high nitrite will be because im acclimatizing my fish for 3 hours. he obviously knows nothing and now my parents think im an absolute #### that knows nothing.

the water sample had been in the container for 6 hours could that have made a difference? the container was sterile!
got a replacement though but its about an inch bigger than the current one :(

its funny, the tank i got them from is now empty and has the remnants of an anemone in their :grr: and he tried to say that he sold them all. and he wouldnt let me buy a TSB niether. im never going their again, MA may be over priced, but i know i can trust them!

So long as that water was not the water that had the clowns body in it shouldnt have changed i dont think. Maybe their/you test kits are old? try getting another opinion!

So long as that water was not the water that had the clowns body in it shouldnt have changed i dont think. Maybe their/you test kits are old? try getting another opinion!
im going down to MA tomorrow, it was a separate sample, whilst he was testing i had a wander round, unless he fiddled with it i dont know what happened, he "claims" his test kits are brand new

probably a bit of a know it all. One of the garden centers near me have staff that think they know everything. Just becasue they catch a few marine fish.
One told me that my femal clown would become male if i added a bigger one. Just because they only had really big ones. I was like 'yeah mate, ill leave it'

just a tip for everybody, NEVER USE BARDILLS! theyre the worst LFS ive ever had to deal with! i got a replacement but theyre trying to say that my nitrite and nitrate are high! my kits read 0 and so do my mates! theyre using nutrafin test kits.

im so peed off! this guy was in their talking bull crap to my parents whilst i was getting so wound up and angry. he was saying that because my tanks new i will get nitrite and nitrate for the first 6 months so i cant add fish in that period! BULL ####

he also said that high nitrite will be because im acclimatizing my fish for 3 hours. he obviously knows nothing and now my parents think im an absolute #### that knows nothing.

the water sample had been in the container for 6 hours could that have made a difference? the container was sterile!
got a replacement though but its about an inch bigger than the current one :(

its funny, the tank i got them from is now empty and has the remnants of an anemone in their :grr: and he tried to say that he sold them all. and he wouldnt let me buy a TSB niether. im never going their again, MA may be over priced, but i know i can trust them!

Sounds like a typical LFS halfwitt!

It never ceases to amaze me how much crap (many) LFS employees come out with, this one is clearly typically clueless, working in a shop makes you a shop assistant not an expert.

I especially like the bit where acclimating your fish for 3 hours will give your tank high nitrites :lol:

Hope he didn't convince your parents that he knows what hes talking about, especially if they are helping fund your tank.

Anyone armed with nutrafins wonderfully inaccurate test kits will come up with all sorts of bad readings.

Oh and having your water sample in a container for a few hours isn't going to change it.

Sorry to hear about that Truck, hope your mom and dad don't believe that half wit, show them your journal if you have problems, they can read the posts that followed.

Nutrafin test kits and saltwater, never go together in my opinion. You are using Salifert are you not, much more accurate!!

Sorry to hear about that Truck, hope your mom and dad don't believe that half wit, show them your journal if you have problems, they can read the posts that followed.

Nutrafin test kits and saltwater, never go together in my opinion. You are using Salifert are you not, much more accurate!!
API and salifert. i told him that i used both, and i said, nutrafin test kits always give a nitrite reading in saltwater and he was having none of it! i ordered him to retest with saliferts but he didnt...just goes to show!

anyway, big clown is now in, i can finally name them, now i know which one will be the female.

Tallulah and George :)

they make a nice couple, and are swimming together already, george is having spasms now and again, but ive heard this is pretty common in clowns and is nothing to worry about.

API and salifert. i told him that i used both, and i said, nutrafin test kits always give a nitrite reading in saltwater and he was having none of it! i ordered him to retest with saliferts but he didnt...just goes to show!

That I reckon is why you got your clown, he knew he would be shown up.

That I reckon is why you got your clown, he knew he would be shown up.
i emailed nutrafin this:

"Hi, i was just wondering is the nutrafin NH3, NO2, NO3 and PH test kit suitable for saltwater"

"currently the nutrafin test kits are designed for freshwater, if used for saltwater you may get in accurate false readings.

thanks
nate"

oh what a suprise, I might write a real snotty letter too them with this email attatched

this halfwit said to me, Ill give you another nemo, to which i responded...NEMO!! you think im one of them that thinks its a novelty! he then went on to say: dont put him in straight away, add a little water to the bag till its full, i responded, I know my stuff you know, i may be 14 but ive done hours of research.

he then said, the clown will die but ill give you one anyway!! ####? biggest sweeping statement of the year!

i highly reccomend you do it, but personally deliver the letter to see what they/ he has too say about it!
Does it say anything on the box?

Most reactions

Back