Its Sunday, So What Fishy Jobs Have You Been Doing Today?

I usually do my WCs on a couple of evenings during the week, but I do need to get my salt mixing on today since I ran out last night. I always like to have at least one 5gal jug and a reasonable amount of new carbon ready to go between planned WCs...you know, just in case one of my anemones decides to eat a ton of junk it's not supposed to and then barfs half of it back into the tank the next day.

By anemone do you mean that monster aip that keeps your mantis in check?

There's that one, but it has actually been pretty well-behaved. I've also got three others in a couple of different tanks: two now very large Bunodosoma nems and a small Bartholomea (another type of Aiptasiid). A few weeks back, the bigger of the Bunodosoma nems wasn't out and waiting for its daily bit of scallop meat and shortly after spat out a big ball of half-digested shrimp pellets and algae wafers - the stuff I feed the big hermits in the same tank. The hermits like to eat while roaming, so I'm guessing the hungry nem decided to mug unsuspecting hermits as they walked past. Then not so long ago the Bartholomea also turned around and spat some undigested nastiness on one of my sea urchins that got in its face (not too surprising, since I've had other big Aips do similar things in the past when harassed). On the plus side, the urchin learned quickly and hasn't done it again! Not sure I can say the same for the Bunodosoma since it was reaching out for a shrimp pellet on the sand earlier today.

(Edit to fix some typos)

Seffies 'Sunday fish tank maintenance' topic has given me an idea!

Why not create a pinned topic called the 'members diary' and somehow have a 7 day planner in which people can leave a post on each day on what they have done to their tanks regarding routine maintenance/cleaning/problems etc with a few pics thrown in.

It would give newbies an idea on whats involved in terms of weekly maintenance per day.

They could follow one particular member over a weekly basis or many and then compare between them to help them create their own weekly/monthly maintenance routine.

It would be like a mini weekly journel, but dedicated to the maintenance side of things.

Just a thought anyway!

Anyone else wanna jump in and back me up or tell me to shut the hell up! lol!

Why not create a pinned topic called the 'members diary' and somehow have a 7 day planner in which people can leave a post on each day on what they have done to their tanks regarding routine maintenance/cleaning/problems etc with a few pics thrown in.

It would give newbies an idea on whats involved in terms of weekly maintenance per day.

They could follow one particular member over a weekly basis or many and then compare between them to help them create their own weekly/monthly maintenance routine.

It would be like a mini weekly journel, but dedicated to the maintenance side of things.

Just a thought anyway!

You get my vote! :good: as i won't have a clue what to do when i set mine up. apart from waterchanges

Just a thought anyway!

Water changes are the most important part of regular
Maintenance so if you cAn do that then you've got it nailed..................pretty much anyway! Lol!

You get my vote! :good: as i won't have a clue what to do when i set mine up. apart from waterchanges

Most reactions

Back