Is The Water Perimiters Gone Wrong In My Tank?

I am starting to wonder is, should i only take out 25% of water out not more then that otherwise it interrupts the cycling

With fish in your tank you need to change as much water as necessary to keep ammonia as low as possible. Your fish will provide the ammonia necessary to cycle your filter. Clean your filter in tank water, not tap water. Just gently swish it to remove the large junk that would interfere with water flow.

With fish in your tank you need to change as much water as necessary to keep ammonia as low as possible. Your fish will provide the ammonia necessary to cycle your filter. Clean your filter in tank water, not tap water. Just gently swish it to remove the large junk that would interfere with water flow.
^this is good advice^
your cycling the filter not the water. if there is no or seriously reduced flow in your filter it wont cycle very quick if at all. a swishing or even gentle finger rub of the media wont dislodge many if any of the bacteria..
The water is... water. de chlorinate and change as often and as much as you need to keep it safe

Most reactions

Back