Is My (insert Type Of Livebearer Here) Pregnant?

I have young balloon mollies and young guppies in various states of gestation so I could handle those. They are all very young so they might be helpful in showing the difference between a first time pregnancy and subsequent pregnancies. I have a young guppy that is ready to drop any day now. I could take pics of her just prior to dropping and take pics of her throughout her next pregnancy for comparison. I will be picking up some Endler's next week so I could possibly do those as well. Until we get something together we could post the pics here and then copy and paste them into something more presentable once we get enough pics. Thank you for all of your help, I think a thread like this could be a real asset to the forum.

my mollie gave birth yest i can try get some pics of her next pregnancy. (dalmation mollie) i have 4 other female mollie and one male mollie so will try get pics of them to

That would be great, the more pics the better.

So how goes the picture taking everyone? My last picture was my female molly at 32 days after her last drop. Today is day 33 but I don't see much change daily so I am taking pictures about every 3 days. The momma molly is starting to hide and hang near the heater now so I may up the pictures to daily just to be sure to catch the last day before the next delivery. She won't even let her own fry near her much anymore and I don't think they are big enough to be a threat to newborn fry although they are growing well. After this drop, she must go back to the community tank, her birthing tank is getting pretty crowded just from the last drop of fry growing bigger.

Here she is on day 32.

Mom32a1024.jpg

And the fry today
Day33Fry1024.jpg

Most reactions

Back