Is My Guppy Pregnant

A guppy that is 3 1/2 weeks old can easily swim away from a HOB filter if they recognize the hazard that it poses.

I'd put her in a trap it looks like she Gonna drop fry very soon.
If you only have guppys or very small fish in your main tank then 3 and half week old fry should be fine
just put a few fry in to start with to see how they all get on together.

i put her in the trap this morning and she still has not dropped fry. should i take her out or leave her in there a little longer?

I would say leave her in the trap a bit longer. Mabye another day until she drops, I am surpried she hasn't to be honest.

Great photos fish48!

Congrats! I hope you get many more.

Thanks, i m hoping for the same thing. i was wondering how long it will take before all of the fry are dropped because i have to go to work and i dont want to leave her in the trap for like 7 hours.

A guppy that is 3 1/2 weeks old can easily swim away from a HOB filter if they recognize the hazard that it poses.

i was wondering if the new 2 day old fry can be put in the tank with the HOB filter? it is a 20 gallon tank with a 20 power filter
Thank you very much for all of the help you have given me so far guys :thanks:, it has helped greatly. :fish:

Hi hotdog I had some molly fry that lived in my trap for 2 weeks, when I put them in the tank with an HOB they got sucked in once the lights were out. They weren't used to the current. I would suggest putting a pair of tights over the inlet of your HOB just to be on the safe side. I've now done this and my new day old fry are doing fine. Following my experience I won't leave my fry in the trap for more than a day again. In my opinion it weakens them.

Congrats on the fry btw :)

Try getting a filter sponge like this one.

DrySponge.jpg

Cut a slit in the end and slide it over your intake tube like this.

SpongeInPlace.jpg

It will keep any fry from being sucked up and will even help keep the filter from plugging up as fast. I must admit it is not as petty in the tank as the bare tube though.

Most reactions

Back